Responsible for providing individual and group psychological services for assigned clients of Selah House Treatment Center for Eating Disorders (SH).
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with clients, Management, Clinical Leadership, facility leadership, peers and vendors.
Outside the organization: May initiate and maintain working relationships with clinical providers, referral partners, families and vendors as needed and directed.
- Responsible for providing group therapy for adult and adolescent clients and subsequent documentation.
- Responsible for the clinical management of his/her assigned clients.
- Assists in identification of treatment/contract goals, completing the initial psychosocial assessment.
- Responsible for maintaining contact with the assigned client’s referring/outpatient therapist during the course of the client’s stay and the family when/if appropriate.
- Completes and updates treatment plan for assigned clients.
- Assist in providing clinical updates to the insurance company’s Case Manager.
- Attends group meetings, meals and other activities in the milieu to better establish a relationship with clients.
- Provides comprehensive understanding of current behaviors and relational dynamics while using a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- Attends the weekly team meetings and share observations, comments and important information about clients with the treatment team and provides input into the development of the weekly schedules for all of his/her assigned clients.
- Responsible for proper charting and ensuring that all documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in meal/snack supervision as assigned and attends special occasion activities for the clients.
- Assists with discharge planning, including a written discharge summary and obtaining referral sources and necessary support systems once the client is discharged
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications related to Selah House Mission and population.
- Functions within the guidelines of the facility’s Code of Ethics and in accordance with corporate compliance.
- Assists in promoting and ensuring that the mission, goals and objectives of SH are understood and actively supported by the employees.
- Provides a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Accomplishes organization mission by completing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Master’s Degree; License or working toward license (MFT, LPC, LCSW, PhD) in the state of Indiana; 2 Years mental health experience with 1 year eating disorders preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers, clients and/or vendors.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building.
- Performs duties that require the employee to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- May sit or remain stationary for periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Displays readiness to assume additional responsibilities in working with clients with eating disorders as evidenced by timeliness, dedication, and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail and organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Welcomes and integrates feedback from team.
- Possesses a clear understanding of safety and security standards of SH and the employee’s role within those standards.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to use sound judgement.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, while building and maintaining professional relationships.
- Demonstrates a strong belief in and commitment to the goals and mission of Selah House Treatment Center.
Job Type: Part-time