Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospitalis currently recruiting board eligible/certified psychiatrists for inpatient positions to join a multidisciplinary team in adult, adult dual diagnosis track and child/adolescent psychiatry including experience with the ASD/ID child/adolescent population and substance abuse treatment. These positions are employed positions offering a competitive salary with generous benefits, CME stipend/leave, and relocation allowance. No on-call required, with compensated weekend and holiday rounding coverage available but not required.
We are a growing, vibrant free-standing psychiatric hospital in Westborough, Massachusetts in a quiet, serene setting. We host general and specialty clinical inpatient and PHP/IOP programs that include general adult psychiatric inpatient services, dual diagnosis inpatient services, child/adolescent inpatient services, as well as adult and adolescent PHP/IOP. Services anticipated in early 2019 are women’s trauma inpatient services, older adult inpatient services, and, the first in Massachusetts, child/adolescent inpatient service for individuals on the autism spectrum and/or intellectual disabilities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide direct psychiatric services to patients assigned to him/her including psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment.
- Provides the medical leadership to the multidisciplinary teams in the treatment of patients.
- Directs the treatment team planning process pharmacologic and therapeutic interventions.
- Ensure that any clinical staff assigned to him/her for supervision receives appropriate clinical supervision.
- Manage acute psychiatric care including authorizing emergency physical restraints and writing orders for the emergency use of medication
- Collaborates with other treatment providers and insurance providers to ensure continuity of care
- Participate in leadership and administrative meetings in the program as requested
- Competitive salary and full benefits package
- Work with highly qualified, friendly colleagues
- Attractive area to live, work and play
- Interaction with dedicated clinicians in a collegial and collaborative environment
- New, state of the art, building
- Opportunities for additional income
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent clinical knowledge and communication skills required.
- Must possess highly collaborative and proactive approach, and demonstrate commitment to high-quality, cost-effective health care.
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in and grow a team-oriented, performance-driven department
- Medical degree - M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent with ECFMG certification
- Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine with a specialty in Psychiatry
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, or be eligible for examination by the American Board as documented by written evidence
- Valid DEA certification
- Completion of four years from an accredited residency training program
- Currently have or eligible for license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Completion of Residency Training (Required)
- MD or DO (Required)
Relocation Assistance Provided: