Texas Oncology is searching for an Assistant Controller for our Corporate Office in Dallas, Texas. The Assistant Controller reports to V.P. Finance/Controller. In support of Company and departmental objectives, the Assistant Controller manages a team of four and oversees the accounting & finance reporting, operations and processes for a large, private medical practice entity partnered with a management company with national presence. Position is accountable to the timely preparation and reporting of accurate financial statements, while analyzing and reporting variances and maintaining general ledger and related systems for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. The position assists in determining goals and objectives for the department and organization. Develops management reports, coordinates and monitors financial budgets and ensures financial reporting is in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Texas Oncology delivers high-quality, high-touch care to help cancer patients achieve “More breakthroughs. More victories.” ® in their fight against cancer. We are an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends.
Texas Oncology has more than 150 sites of service throughout Texas, with more than 350 physicians dedicated to serving our patients. On average, we treat more than 50,000 new cancer patients each year, with documented growth year over year. Texas Oncology pioneered the concept of community-based, outpatient, multidisciplinary cancer centers. We give local communities access to leading-edge technology that was previously only available in larger metropolitan areas. Texas Breast Specialists and Texas Urology Specialists are a part of Texas Oncology. Texas Oncology is an affiliate of The U.S. Oncology Network, which is owned by McKesson Specialty Health, a division of McKesson Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes, implements, reviews, updates and is accountable to internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and controls.
- Evaluates and manages tools utilized by the department for improvement and increased efficiency/automation.
- Reviews all staff work and preliminary financial statements prior to deadlines and presentation.
- Assists in development and preparation of reporting and analysis tools.
- Develops a dynamic and talented staff.
- Assists in preparation of monthly, annual and quarterly forecasts.
- Partners to ensure all local, state and federal obligations (that are managed internally) and deadlines are achieved in a reasonable timeframe.
- Collaborates with external auditors to provide all requested information during audit and otherwise.
- Accountable to the appropriate treatment and accounting of physician income and expenses per IRS and Company policy.
- Teams with US Oncology and McKesson counterparts in the goals of keeping accurate and timely financial statements and other items as needed, including revenue cycle operations and implications to financials.
- Participates in the maintenance and selection of departmental software and systems.
- Assists in review and execution of contracts, agreements and amendments, to include preparing supporting schedules.
- Coordinates successful completeness of maintaining general ledger, and related schedules for A/R, A/P, and payroll.
- Coordinates physician compensation and distribution deadlines and reporting.
- Assists upline management in assigned tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum seven years of experience in fiscal management.
- Three years public accounting experience preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- CPA, CMPE preferred.
- Experience with SAP, BusinessObjects, Tableau, SQL, PeopleSoft or other dynamic business software in addition to other qualifications is highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires sitting for long periods of time. Some bending and stretching required. Adequate finger dexterity and feeling to perform keyboarding and substantial repetitive motions involving the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Must be able to view computer screen and printed material accurately. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment and requires frequent interaction with practice management, staff, and physicians. Work may require occasional travel by air or automobile.
About Texas Oncology:
The vision of Texas Oncology is to be the first choice for cancer care. We have high standards for patient satisfaction and offer exceptional value in cancer care. We also strive to advance clinical research and develop innovative approaches to treatment of oncology and hematology disorders.
The mission of Texas Oncology is to provide excellent, evidence-based care for each patient we serve, while advancing cancer care for tomorrow. To this end, we give patients access to the highest quality cancer care available today within their own local communities. Our cutting-edge technologies, treatments and research are offered in welcoming and comfortable environments. We maintain comprehensive quality oversight and responsible financial management. At all times, we pride ourselves in being moral, ethical and efficient as a medical practice and employer.
We extend an extremely competitive offering of benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Plan, 401-k with a matching component, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and Wellness & Perks Programs.
Come join our growing organization and enjoy knowing that you work for an organization dedicated to making the lives of others better.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.