As directed by the team leader and accountable to the Director of Nursing, the Domestic Aide is a primary member of the support team. Works collaboratively with the direct care team to provide patient assistance, supply management, transportation services, equipment management and other special projects.
JOB DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s values and mission, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values: Safety of our patients and staff, Excellence in all that we do, Respect for everyone all the time, Value in all that we offer and Enthusiasm as our way of life.
- Completes 100% of training, in-service, Do-it Groups (DIGs) and Just Do It (JDI) requirements established by MNM and by any professional or licensing organizations.*
- Assists team members with admission, discharges and room changes.
- Serves as Hostess in Rehab Dining Rooms. Assists in the clean up of dining rooms after meals.
- Stocks linen carts, incontinence supplies and hostess stations.
- Passes resident waters and snacks.
- Completes brief useage inventory.
- Disposes of resident room garbage.
- Removes dirty linens from soiled utility and takes to laundry.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No previous experience required.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to maintain positive interaction with all types of patients, significant others and coworkers in order to effectively care for the patients.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, memorize routine assignments and take direction without frequent supervision. Analytical ability to determine shortages.
- Competent within 6 months of hire with all age groups within defined patient population. Demonstrates sensitivity when interacting with diverse ethnic groups.
- Works in patient care environment and is exposed to infectious diseases, body fluids, needle puncture wounds, occasional exposure to chemotherapy, radiation and certain hazardous patient care activities. Risk of exposure to acting out behaviors of patients related to altered mental status.
- Designated shift may be altered due to changes in staffing patterns related to patient needs.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Aility to read and write, hand/eye coordination, calculate figures, answer telephone, record messages and fine motor skills for legible handwriting, manipulation of special equipment.
- Ability to visually observe, hear, smell, touch and speak clearly in order for communication to be accurate and timely.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds using appropriate body mechanics in lifting, positioning and transferring of patients. Walking and standing for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time