At Besomebody, we work with leading employers like Kroger, Hilton, MassMutual and Tire Discounters to create 4-6 week training "Paths" that teach qualified candidates the specific skills needed for their specific job openings. Once candidates are accepted and graduate from our Besomebody Paths, they are GUARANTEED a full-time job, with benefits with the endorsing employer. Admission into Besomebody Paths is competitive, however a college degree is NOT required. Learn more at besomebody.com.
Nutrition Technician at Kroger
We have partnered with The Kroger Co (NYSE: KR), one of the world's largest grocery retailers, with fiscal 2016 sales of $115.3 billion, to create an exciting new position called "Nutrition Technician." Nutrition Techs will promote and implement Kroger Health and nutrition programs in stores for associates and customers. Under the direction of a registered dietitian nutritionist, work cross-functionally with existing resources at The Little Clinic (TLC), Pharmacy and retail divisions to enhance health and wellness and nutrition programs. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with store managers on store initiatives that involve health and wellness
-Be the main point of contact for all Kroger Health services and programs - Dietitian Services, TLC and Pharmacy - in your assigned store
- Provide basic nutrition education to associates
- Prepare and present easy-to-make, healthy meals
- Assist departments in merchandising "better for you" foods
- Walk the store to engage and help customers find non-disease specific "better for you" products
- Answer customers' basic questions about products and supplements
- Market nutrition counseling services to associates and customers
- Coordinate with the pharmacy and providers at TLC on health and wellness programs
- Represent the division at wellness fairs and events to promote healthy living tips and products
- Promote and conduct general nutrition "walk and talk" tours
- Attend huddles each day with associates
- Train associates on the basic nutrition attributes of products in their departments
- Confirm all nutrition/wellness signage is appropriately placed and visible
- Coordinate monthly wellness festivals with Pharmacy, TLC, external partners and departments
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers' expectations, gains customers' trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork - Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence - Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Potential Career Path from this position
Retail Dietitian, Senior Nutrition Technician, Kroger Health Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 /year