We are seeking an experienced office or clinic manager who is ready to take on and grow our thriving OnPoint Urgent Care Centers. This is amid-management position organizing and directing day-today operations. This position includes clinical and administrative duties.
Please provide cover letter detailing salary requirements.
Job Title: Clinic Manager
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: Front desk staff, clinical support staff (techs, medics, nurses), outside contractors working within the building (cleaners, maintenance workers).
General Summary: A mid-management position responsible for organizing and directing the day-to-day clinic operations of assigned MedVentures, PLLC facilities.
- Scheduling of all clinical and administrative support staff (non-providers).
- Interview, hire and train clinical support staff and front desk staff directly under the direction of the Practice Administrator.
- Verify check-offs and competencies with RN/Clinical Coordinator before scheduling new personnel in a role.
- Provide counseling and performance reviews of staff in the chain of responsibility and termination of staff in the chain of responsibility under the direction of the Practice Administrator.
- Monitor and approve all time sheets for payroll.
- Organize and conduct monthly staff meetings and attend other meetings as required.
- Coordinate maintenance and cleaning of the site facilities and equipment (including X-ray equipment) to the owner’s high standards.
- Organize and maintain inventory of DME, drugs and medical supplies.
- Implement and enforce clinic policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensure front desk duties and protocols are being performed.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance by ensuring policies are being followed.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with vendors and other outside businesses and contacts which may benefit the Company from a financial or resource availability standpoint.
- Keep clinical certifications and standards up-to-date (CLIA, OSHA, etc.) in conjunction with RN/Clinical Coordinator.
- Enforce lab, X-ray, and visit call back program.
- Perform clinical or front desk shifts and complete patient care tasks as needed and as outlined by the parameters of administrative versus clinical time allowance.
- Review and verify daily deposits, including credit cards, cash and checks. Make regular deposits of cash and checks that are received at the front desk during normal day to day operations.
- Respond promptly to customer service issues to provide a positive outcome as much as possible.
- Be familiar with all clinic equipment and know how to run, trouble shoot and update.
- Track and manage clinic budget.
- Establish and implement simple systems which will result in improved patient care, decreased liability and increased profits to the practice.
Example of Day-to-Day Responsibilities (accomplishes directly or through delegation)
- Interview, hire, orient, and train clinical support staff and ensure all Human Resources policies are followed, including proper new hire paperwork and new employee checklist.
- Develop staff schedules in coordination with other clinic schedules and post by the 15th of the month ahead of the scheduled work period.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, recognize staff achievements, and address staff concerns.
- Conduct performance appraisals at 90 days and yearly, provide mentoring to staff and document same with copies to Practice Administrator.
- Counsel staff with proper HR documentation and terminate when appropriate with executive manager agreement.
- Monitor each staff personnel at least monthly to evaluate staff performance.
- Ensure customer flow and satisfaction is optimized by reviewing door to door times, online reviews, etc.
- Inventory medical supplies and DME weekly and order to ensure sufficient inventory levels.
- Inventory dispensed medication supplies (MedeRx) weekly and order to ensure proper inventory levels and correct count.
- Review office supply levels weekly and purchase within budget constraints.
- Review narcotic logs/counts weekly to verify correctness.
- At least weekly balance daily deposits, verify reports are scanned into Dropbox and deposits are sent to bank. At the end of the month, send the amounts of the days not deposited to Billing Manager.
- Have employee payroll time cards reviewed and approved by noon of the business day following the end of the pay period.
- Do a daily walk through the facility daily to ensure for cleanliness (floors, work surfaces, bathrooms, coffee bar, exam rooms, waiting room), lights bulbs are working, equipment is functioning properly, filters are changed, etc.
- Respond to patient feedback and resolve customer service issues.
- Assure compliance with all operating standards, policies and procedures, and laws or regulations.
- Encourage positive atmosphere and promote teamwork among employees while ensuring best practice customer service.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Clinical certification, and/or degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years management experience or similar job function; at least 2 years medical or clinical experience.
Preferred Experience: Occupational Medicine Experience a Plus!
Other Requirements: Current professional certification in BLS. Certification in ACLS also is preferred.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers and telephones. Clinical life support equipment and equipment used to complete clinical duties such as IStat machine, autoclave and urinalysis meter.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted clinical environment. Evening and weekend work will be necessary as required to facilitate uninterrupted operations of the practice.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 70 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Job Type: Full-time