The Manufacturing Engineer provides engineering services to support and improve
manufacturing and packaging operations. He/she will ensure objectives for efficiency, scrap, quality,
safety, etc., are met, and will support general engineering project and improvement efforts.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, supports existing manufacturing equipment and processes by
implementing improvements and resolving issues, including:
o Working with Quality and Operations to determine and report KPIs and process trends; Design,
develop and implement process improvements to maximize uptime and reduce scrap.
o Troubleshoot equipment and resolve process nonconformances. Communicates with vendors to
troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment.
o New equipment justification, documentation, implementation and commissioning (validation).
o Maintain current process documentation.
o Oversee the preventative maintenance program; Maintain the PM database and perform PM as
- Support projects for Engineering, Quality and Operations as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Provide customer technical support to diagnose and resolve water system problems
- Maintain the Equipment, Tooling and Fixture database.
- Oversee the Calibration Process. Schedule and arrange for calibration with outside services. Maintain the
- Work as part of an Engineering team to implement larger scale automation projects.
- Assist with investigations to determine root cause and recommend improvement options.
- Work on special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering degree. 3 years experience preferably in an ISO certified manufacturing
environment and/or medical device industry.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills. Capable of preparing procedures, work instructions
and other documentation.
- 2D and 3D CAD proficiency (Solidworks preferred). Computer skills including Windows, MS Office (Word,
- Familiarity or knowledge of machine shop and sheet metal fabrication processes.
- Desired familiarity with injection molding and plastic extrusion; plastic assembly processes such as spin,
heat, and ultrasonic welding.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to investigate, repair machinery and work hands-on throughout the work day (i.e. stand for
extended periods, climb ladders, work with hand and power tools, etc.).
- Mixed office and production setting; lab, regular production and warehouse interaction.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing Engineering: 2 years (Required)