Since 1974, Shermco has become North America’s largest and fastest growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
Shermco U.S. is seeking a Lead Wind Technician
LEAD WIND TECHNICIAN
Join the leader! Shermco Industries is the largest independent electrical testing company in North America and has one of the largest, safest & best organized wind generator and motor repair shops in the Southwest. Due to continued growth, Shermco is seeking a Field Service Technicians to work on electric motors & generators both up-tower in Wind Generators and in Industrial Sites in throughout North America..
- Shermco is an exceptionally stable and profitable non-union company.
- Seven time recipient of Best Places to Work award by the Austin & Dallas Business Journals.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan, plus lucrative overtime plan.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
- Standard / Overtime / Double Time Pay structure
- Industry leading per diems
- Paid travel days
- Company Cell Phone provided
- 401K & Health Benefits
- Provided workwear and PPE
- Advancement opportunities for solid performers.
- Replace up tower generator bearings and collector rings
- Replace up tower generator wye rings and rotor shaft leads
- Perform inspection, testing, repairs, major component bearing changing experience on wind turbine generators and related wind farm equipment up to 13.2kV.
- Perform removal and replacement of generators, gearboxes, rotor assemblies, blade assemblies and auxiliary motors.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical, mechanical or hydraulic components and equipment on wind turbines and related wind farm equipment
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance using technologies such as, lubrication, insulation resistance, surge testing, vibration analysis, dynamic electrical testing, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify equipment faults or problems, and to actively help develop solutions for corrective actions
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and required knowledge skills.
- At least 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or GED; (Associates degree or Certification as a Wind Turbine Technician is a plus)
- Ability to read drawings, prints & schematics and use multi-meters, amp clamps and basic electrical test equipment and torque tools
- Able to climb and work at or above 260+ feet
- Must have knowledge of electrical testing at 480V (4160V is a plus).
- Basic computer skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Must be able to lift, up to 75 lbs., walk, climb, reach, kneel, crawl, and balance
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods
- All offers are conditioned on acceptable results from a background check and drug and alcohol screening.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must have a satisfactory pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English. (Bilingual; Spanish is a plus)
- Must be willing to travel; minimum 40%.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 – 55 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: On the road