If you thrive in a challenging environment and are attracted to the opportunities available in a global company, APC may be the place for you. We are looking for bold thinkers who can help us incubate new ideas and develop innovative products that will improve the lives of animals worldwide.
Our focus is to help animals thrive. APC is the world's largest producer of functional proteins. From high-quality ingredients for livestock producers, feed manufacturers and pet food companies to complete animal nutrition products for end users, we offer innovative solutions that help improve the lives of animals.
APC, Inc., is seeking a Maintenance Technician to work on operations of all plant equipment and machinery in accordance with established policies and procedures and assist in construction of production and building facilities at their plant in Sublette, Kansas. This is a night shift position.
To assure the daily, safe, efficient and effective operations of all plant equipment and machinery in accordance with established policies and procedures and assist in construction of production and building facilities.
- Examine, test, maintain and repair all physical plant machinery and equipment to assure safe and efficient operations.
- Inspect, maintain and repair cooling and heating systems.
- Repair and install pipes, fittings, fixtures and other plumbing duties as required.
- Maintain and repair pumps, valves and motors as required by management.
- Records and logs maintenance repairs and inspections.
- Assist to construct and repair production facilities, including building, structure walls, floors, cabinets and fixtures.
- Follow good housekeeping practices for maintenance areas such as; washing, cleaning, and maintaining tools and other equipment.
- Assist in snow and ice removal from company sidewalks and driveways.
- Operate forklifts and non-motorized pallet jacks as required.
- Operate company vehicle as required.
- Ability to change bags in baghouse.
- Ensure fundamental feed safety and quality practices are maintained to achieve feed safety and quality objectives and to support the development, implementation and maintenance and ongoing improvements of feed safety programs.
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Maintenance, Industrial Technology, Engineering or related field preferred.
Experience with equipment maintenance required; 3-5 years’ experience related to industrial electrical, industrial welding or industrial plumbing preferred.
- Electrical knowledge ranging from 110 Volts of power to 480 Volts (3 phase).
- Ability to operate industrial equipment such as; hand wrenches, welders, power tools, cutting torch, and use tape measure.
- Ability to drive and maintain a valid driver license.
- Ability to use basic math skills, including a variety of calculations.
- Ability to legibly document data for record keeping purposes.
- Ability to read and record data from various gauges.
- Analytical ability related to complex information and problem solving.
- Ability to understand wire diagrams, construction plans and diagrams.
- Knowledge and ability to implement all safety procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information through use of written documentation or oral presentation.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate all necessary plant and office equipment required to accomplish job duties such as, computers, office telephones including voice mail features, fax machines.
- Ability to work daily shift, weekends and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist other work related areas as requested.
- General and specific knowledge and abilities in the following areas:
o Welding of different alloys, including stainless steel.
o Equipment knowledge, including bearings, shaft, bolt, nut, wrench and belt sizes.
o Understanding metal sizes, including I beams, H beams, and angle sizes.