- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java
Amazon Flex aims to delight customers by delivering packages faster than ever before. With Amazon Flex, people can be their own boss while earning up to $25 or more delivering ultra-fast Prime Now and AmazonFresh orders. Both Amazon Flex and experience of Prime Now are powered by the Flex App. We are expanding our platform rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex transportation network.
Amazon Flex application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a truly innovative experience to both customers and our delivery providers has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of delivery providers.You can find out more about Amazon Flex at flex.amazon.com.VIPSER
The Last Mile Recruitment and On-boarding team is responsible for ensuring that we give a top notch on-boarding experience to our delivery partners. At the same time this team needs to ensure that we recruit just the right number of Delivery Partners into the Amazon Flex ecosystem such that we maintain a high level of engagement among our Delivery partners. As a key member of the engineering team, you will be solving complex problems, and working on difficult challenges in software engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow. You will be responsible for creating and delivering services, features, and software solutions to shape how recruitment and onboarding of new providers evolves in the Last Mile org.
Your work will be cross-functional involving partnering with other teams in Amazon, including operation, fulfillment, IT, and finance teams. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude who is ready to own a problem and passionately drive successful implementation. We want someone who is a quick learner and ready to learn and adopt the latest techniques in computer science.
- Experience working in an fraud space with the ability to apply research science models in production software.
- Experience using experimentation and data to solve logistical, physical-world problems.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.