Oracle Apps DBA with SSO/OID experience
Bachelor's in engineering or equivalent
• Understand requirements and identify prerequisites and dependencies.
• Create overall system architecture in terms of scalability, high level ability, recoverability etc and submit for review.
• Implement standard operating principles created by the technical lead and senior system administrator, for the development system.
• Develop an understanding of the business processes through discussions with the functional team.
• Design roles and profiles for application security based on business processes.
• Prepare specification documents for security and get them reviewed.
• Develop application environment for developers.
• Install database and SAP application.
• Deploy latest patches, provided by vendors, in SAP application to improve the stability of development system.
• Apply rapid deployment solution.
• Apply best practices and standard operating principles under guidance.
• Create roles and profiles for application security based on the specifications approved in the design phase.
• Develop application environment for testing.
• Install database, deploy latest patches and apply rapid deployment solution for the quality system.
• Provide technical support for functional and non functional testing.
• Transfer the roles from development system to quality system and conduct security testing.
• Fix the defect identified in roles in the development system and transfer the corrected roles to the quality system.
Configuration, Deployment & Closure:
• Develop production system.
• Implement standard operating principles for production environment.
• Transport code defect fixes from development system to quality system and from quality system to production system.
• Conduct allocated transition tasks as per timelines.
• Contribute in preparation of knowledge transfer documents to be shared with the support team such as infrastructure documents, technical design documents, SOP, guidelines and transition plan.
• Develop standard operating principles for security of the end user stating procedures for modification.
Ongoing System Administration:
• Monitor application KPIs (stability, performance, security) on a regular basis.
• Support in identification of performance bottlenecks, analysis of root cause and improvisation of system performance.
• Monitor adherence of application maintenance activities and support in resolving escalations.
• Monitor job inputs and interfaces.
System Improvement & Standardization:
• Understand customer's business and recommend improvements on existing systems and processes.
• Actively seek out opportunities and provide domain inputs for improvements in systems performance and security.
• Introduce synergies between various teams to integrate various platforms.
• Update knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository.
• Maintain best versions of training documentation, installation and configuration documentation, security and application maintenance documentation.
• Maintain knowledge management database.
• Prepare white papers, functional specification document and submit to supervisor for review.
Training & Recruitment:
• Provide inputs in creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation.
• Conduct small training courses.
• Conduct technical, face to face interviews with candidates and support recruitment process.
Proficiency Level *
ASM (Application Storage Mgr)
RAC (Real Application Cluster)
Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM)
Oracle Golden Gate
Oracle Performance Tuning
Oracle Database Administration
* Proficiency Legends
The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Job Location : Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 21 2018
Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to CareersNA2@cognizant.com
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.