Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We've been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Summary of Role:
We are currently seeking an innovative Electrical Engineer with a passion for technology research and development to support prototyping and user studies on the cutting edge of optics, haptics, laser, and sensors at our research location in Redmond, WA.
The focus of this work is designing and building electrical components for novel devices that will contribute to long-term research and development.
- Work with other Electrical Engineers and Research Scientists to create device prototypes.
- Collaborate with other engineers to troubleshoot and consult on prototype designs.
- Improve existing research apparatuses either through iteration based on internal review or by creating a new version.
- Develop concepts, designs, and specs; present them to the team for review; incorporate review feedback
- Strong experience in rapid prototype hardware development and iteration.
- Strong experience writing firmware.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital systems, including control and sensor systems is a strong plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in electrical engineering
- Experience with Altium, Orcad, preferred.
- FW on embedded systems
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI (Ethernet PTP protocol a plus)
- General EE board level design
- Familiarity with PC architectures
- Experience with USB3 (USB3 protocol analysis a plus)
- Ability to manage an outsource vendor building a system to a spec.
- Writing of system specs
- Self-starter/ motivated/ energy
BSEE or higher
- Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
- The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
- We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
- We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
- Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We're a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Benefits- Employee benefits at 100% including PTO, holiday pay, 401K Plan and much more!