The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance Department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
- Full cycle process of accounts receivable.
- Contacts new customers for credit applications, trade references, sales tax exemptions, addressing ACH payments, and addressing emailing of invoices; sets customer up in system.
- Processes of cash receipts (bank lockbox, credit card payments, remote deposit, online check processing).
- Investigates and resolves short payments.
- Reports and Metrics (DSO report, quarterly terms analysis (net 60, discount, other extended terms), electronic AR Open Report, orders held report).
- Responds to customer requests for Certificates of Insurance, ACH forms, and W-9.
- Cross trains on billing, credit hold management procedures, and Management of “No Credit Hold” policy and procedure.
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., unless otherwise directed by the Controller.
Travel: Some travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 1+ years of accounting experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and team-members in a professional manner.
- Ability to multitask and switch focus quickly.
- Ability to think independently.
- Deadline-driven, detailed oriented, and conscientious.
- Must possess good organizational skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Proficient with common computer programs, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time