moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We're a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It's a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we're helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform.
We're looking for a Sr. Android Engineer to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We've got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we're looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel's next Sr. Android Engineer you'll be responsible for delivering world-class mobile applications to transit agencies and users throughout the world. The ideal candidate believes development is a team activity and enjoys it being that way. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are willing to fill any role to help their team be successful.
What You'll Be Doing:
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Working collaboratively in an agile cross-functional team
- Contributing to the design and development of new products and services
- Supporting existing products and services that people are using everyday
- Applying development best practices to your work
- Crafting clean code supported by automated tests
- Leaving the code base in a better state than you found it
- Reviewing user interface designs and providing feedback
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure consistency and promote reuse
- Mentoring other Android developers to increase knowledge and productivity
- Working with Product Owner and Product Manager to understand requirements
- Estimating level of effort and story points to support planning
- Collaborating on architecture and technical solution design
- Utilizing your technical expertise to help solve problems and propose solutions
- Writing automated unit, integration and e2e tests with your features
- Performing manual testing when needed and identifying how to automate it moving forward
- Improving the performance, availability and overall quality of our platform
- Other duties as required by the company
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of Android development experience
- Expertise in Java and the Android SDK
- Experience working with RESTful web services and JSON
- Complete understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- Expert knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with Kotlin
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to be productive with a multiple languages, frameworks and paradigms
- Willingness and capacity to learn new frameworks and languages quickly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to step into legacy code base
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
Who We Are:
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Travel required: 0-5% of the time
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.