- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT, Information Security, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Finance, Operations or 5+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- Proven knowledge of current web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Demonstrated experience performing open source research on a variety of topics.
- Proven high level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience with network traces (pcap/wireshark/fiddler).
- Proven experience configuring testing environments on a hardware and software level.
Amazon Intelligence Analysts play a key role in the interpretation, transformation, and dissemination of intelligence crucial to the protection of Amazon customers and partners from fraudulent actors. Intelligence Analysts provide Amazon teams with information about targeting and threat landscape, and use information derived from all intelligence disciplines to determine changes in actor activity, capabilities, intent, and resources.
Your role will focus on the testing, analysis, processing, and distribution of finished intelligence. Partnered with internal fraud investigators, you will quickly and discretely provide intelligence to assist in decision making and actively thwart emergent and current threats targeting our customers. Specific duties of this role include: data collection; processing incoming information, reports, and messages; determining the significance and reliability of incoming information; testing and analyzing exploits and tools and translating that analysis into actionable intelligence; preparing all-source intelligence products; establishing and maintaining systematic, cross-reference intelligence records and files; integrating incoming information with current intelligence and investigations; assisting in driving the maturation and efficacy of Risk Intelligence discipline by continual improvement of operational practices.
- Experience in one or more of the following fields of work: National security, military, federal intelligence, law enforcement, criminology, and/or foreign areas and language.
- Familiarity with foreign-language media sources, both traditional and non-traditional Multilingual with preference for Russia and/or Chinese.
- Work or living experience abroad or of an international scope.
- Experience in investigating fraud, abuse and eCrime.
- Experience with e-commerce or online payment fraud.
- Knowledge of retail and social media ecosystems.
- Experience with industry standard intelligence tools.
- Experience in managing vendors and ensuring effective project execution.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.