At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager with an Optical License to join our growing team. The Licensed Assistant Manager assists the General Manager with store operations and ensures that their department and associates operate in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e. reviewing the P&L).
- Optimize and oversee assigned department to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines.
- Convey a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and ensure all associates do the same.
- Ensure quality standards are met. Review remakes and enforce policies to ensure compliance.
- Communicate with the General Manger, District Manager, and Corporate Office and provide store reporting as required.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current promotions.
- Supervise and motivate assigned associates and ensure the timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting staffing needs, recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is preferred.
- Maintain Optical license in state.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships.
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for success.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope.
- ABO and NCLE Certified (Recommended).