Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Child Care Worker - Residential Program
SCOPE OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Program Manager for the Drug & Alcohol Counseling Services (DACS), program of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Child Care Worker will provide child care, and help coordinate activities for the children of the clients.
The job duties include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
1. Coordinate services for children under the direct supervision of the program director;
2. Conduct intake of minor child(ren) and develop individual service plan;
3. Resolve day-to-day issues related to the children and conduct individuals sessions with parents as needed;
4. Facilitate Mommy and Me sessions;
5. Conduct case management sessions with family and provide linkage to supportive services;
6. Facilitate social and emotional development group activities based on age of the children;
7. Maintain shelter safety, cleanliness, and order;
8. Assist therapist in coordination of mental health services for children and provide service access advocacy as needed;
9. Chart all activities related to children;
10. Attend monthly staff development and weekly staff meetings;
11. Other tasks as assigned by the Program Director.
The qualifications include, but are not limited to the following skills: 1 Clerical skills including filing, computer literacy (Word);
1 Clerical skills including filing, computer literacy (Word);
2. Experience working in a residential program setting, providing services to women and children, and advocating for victims of domestic violence;
3. Ability to answer multiple lines and manage heavy telephone traffic;
4. CA State Evidence Code DV Certificate (40 hr. training);
5. Clean driving record.
6. Able to clear state and FBI criminal background check;
7. Experience advocating for individuals in a residential program setting;
8. Vehicle required with valid California driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Specific Education, Certification and Skill Requirements:
1. CA State Evidence Code DV Certificate ( 40 hr. training);
2. A minimum of two years paid experience in the provision of services to children of target population.
3. Completion of 60 credits in Early Childhood Education.
Lines of Authority:
This position reports to the Program Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.
- Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law