Finance & Accounting
Sr. Manager, Finance Planning & Analysis
Coordinates and manages budget and strategic planning processes by working with all levels of management within a business unit to gather, analyze, and summarize data. Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities. Serves as a Business Partner to specific Strategic Business Units in order to provide guidance and ensure that initiatives remain within the Financial Strategies of the organization.
This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job. This description may be changed or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Functions Only:
Analyzes data to determine present and future performance in relation to internal targets, competitor results and industry trends. Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities.
- Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control. Proposes accounting adjustments to business unit results as required and as the result of review of financial statements. While this position proposes adjustments, the accounting department reviews, authorizes and posts entries into the financial system.
- Works with Senior Management and other Strategic Support representatives to complete the Five Year Strategic Plan including building and reviewing forecast models and assisting with the development of presentations for Senior Management and Board of Directors. Applies strategic growth goals to historical trends and layers on new business risks and opportunities to complete five year projections. Assists in preparation of strategic plan document.
- Prepares annual budget by compiling data from various sources throughout the company to be used by management in measuring the success of the company including developing & communicating calendar for the Company and/or Division; providing Senior Management with division business results in comparison to historical trends, current year estimate and strategic growth goals; assisting in the development of presentation for Board of Directors; disseminating plan information; providing regular reporting on actual business results versus plan.
- Prepares “downhill” business results projection for the Company and/or division. Applies new information gleaned from business review meetings to current trends in order to target year-end performance for the division. Provides reporting to Senior Management including comparisons to current year plan and historical performance.
- Key contact and business partner with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements. Recommends changes to General Manager of Planning and Analysis, as well as leaders of Accounting and Information Services to ensure business needs are met by system applications.
- Assists business unit management in evaluating business opportunities and risks inherent in those opportunities including but not limited to acquisitions, new product development, trade and advertising spending, expansion into new markets, supply chain opportunities—depending on the need of the business unit.
- Assists with developing and maintaining the integrity of total company and/or division management reporting and operations which includes, but is not limited to, comparing performance with budgets, forecasts and previous year. This includes the timely and accurate regular reporting of management information to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Acts as liaison between supported Business Unit and Finance/Accounting including keeping Accounting updated as to projects, changes that may impact Accounting or financial support of a division, educating business managers on financials and budgeting and how to consider paybacks on investments (people, resources, advertising and/or assets).
- Acts as a Business Partner with Senior Management to analyze and document business alternatives through sound financial models.
- This position is expected to handle many simultaneous projects.
(Note—Strategic Business Support Analysts are generally responsible for a single strategic business unit or units which are closely related. In some instances, the analyst may be required to perform tasks associated with the total company. The duties and responsibilities below are general in nature and can typically be applied to each business unit. However, these individuals are also responsible for understanding highly specialized areas of the business such as green coffee manufacturing, trade spending, marketing effectiveness measurements, etc. Those responsibilities are further defined in annual performance goals for the individual.)
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a Strategic analysis or similar analytical role
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Advanced degree may be preferred for certain positions
- Certifications such as CPA or CMA are preferred but may be substituted with experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend solutions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
Travel Time Limited travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is :
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the duties of this position will be perform inside an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Employees should demonstrate behaviors that support established company values.
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care.
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right.
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions.
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community.
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, and educational assistance. Community Coffee and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.