Falls Church, Virginia
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Yes –May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this position
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Reporting to the Vice President of Talent, the Director of Organization Effectiveness (OE) will create an enterprise talent OE strategy and related processes and frameworks in alignment with business and workforce needs. Additionally, the Director will oversee and provide thought leadership and practical application of organizational and culture assessments, new leader assimilations, organization design, change management, competency architecture and assessment. The Director will provide an OE community of practice to build capability within the HR community and will provide OD consulting to the enterprise on its OE needs. The ideal candidate will manage a function capable of meeting the needs of a large and complex aerospace and defense company and an ever-changing talent landscape and be able to lead others in a matrix environment. The successful candidate will effectively communicate and partner with internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for creating strategic concepts and translating them to execution to produce business outcomes.
- Develop and execute an enterprise OE strategy
- Partner with the Diversity and Inclusion and People Analytics teams to align OE efforts and identify metrics to measure impact and ROI
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in the OE domain including line of sight to internal and external best practices to inform OE frameworks/approaches and adopt for the enterprise as appropriate
- Partner across the Corporate Talent team and in the functions and business to ensure OE strategies align with business needs. Consult on business/function specific talent OE needs
- Identify OE intersection points across functional partners (inside and outside of HR) to deliver an integrated approach and employee experience across our talent processes.
- Facilitate OE organizational design including organizational roles and talent requirements
- Provide Change Management support to the Talent organization for the Workday design and implementation and broader Talent philosophy/process changes. Consult with partners on change efforts.
- Establish Communities of Practice as needed to build OE capabilities within the HR community.
Bachelor’s degree in business, management, organizational development, human resources, or closely related field is required
Minimum of 12+ years of mixed experience in Organization Effectiveness and/or Organization Design or a role demonstrating expertise in strategizing and implementing talent development and/or talent management solutions
Experience operating within a $5B+ revenue manufacturing, technology or aerospace and defense organization with a track record of advising and implementing OE solutions that translate to the business
Demonstrated aptitude for learning with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigate ambiguous situations.
Demonstrated experience leading medium-large teams of direct and indirect leadership teams to drive successful business and functional outcomes
Experience collaborating with and influencing senior leaders (VPs) to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project and/or process goals and objectives and strategic initiatives
Must be willing to travel (25%) of the time
Outstanding organization and project management skills with the ability to manage the delivery of high-quality, on-time programs in a dynamic environment.
Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to manage multiple clients with multiple needs in an efficient and effective manner.
Systems and strategic thinking.
Executive level presentation experience and proven proficiency
Experience in consulting / coaching senior (C-suite) leadership and expertise in change management and strategic communication strongly preferred.
Demonstrated capability in process improvement implementation.
Master’s degree or advanced certification in OE/OD preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.