Busy Ob/Gyn office in Livingston, NJ looking for full-time or part-time medical assistant. Our office is committed to providing compassionate, efficient, and effective medical care to our patients in a friendly, pleasant setting. We are looking for a caring, knowledgeable, detailed-oriented, accurate, dependable, flexible individual who has the ability to adapt to a face-paced, ever-changing environment. Please note this job REQUIRES candidate to work 1-2 early mornings (as early as 715am) and 1-2 late evenings (late as 830-9pm) - please do not respond if you are unable to work these hours.
- Escorting patients into exam room.
- Serve as medical scribe
- Taking and recording vital signs, health history and chief complaint.
- Perform urine tests and venipuncture
- Assist physician with patient exams.
- Prepare pathology specimens to be sent to laboratory
- Set-up and Clean-up patient examination rooms on daily basis
- Maintain laboratory logs of patient testing
- Set up and assist with minor surgical procedures
- Sterilize surgical instruments
- Maintain inventory of medical and surgical supplies
- Stocking supplies
- Help answer phones
- Work front desk when needed
- Administer Injectable Medications with physician order
- Call back patients with results
- Surgical scheduling
- Fill out disability paperwork
- Doing recalls
Comprehensive benefit package includes:
- SALARY commensurate with education and experience.
- COMPETITIVE benefits package
A valid certificate/diploma as a Certified Medical Assistant, preferably with 1-2 years experience, preferably in a Ob/Gyn setting.
OSHA and HIPAA Trained
Trained in Phlebotomy
Complete knowledge of health insurance plans and referrals
Required Personal Qualities:
- Friendly, personable, and caring attitude toward patients and coworkers
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Self Motivated
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)