The Program Assistant is a full-time position that provides general administrative and program support to the VIPS Department and assists with community outreach and event planning for programs within VIPS.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:Program:
- Schedules and coordinates meetings for the VIPS department
- Serves as customer service representative for VIPS
- Liaison between the VIPS team and Community Partners
- Assists with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment and storage- Manage documents and files both physical and electronic
- Manages inventory of supplies, sourcing for suppliers (vendors) and submitting invoices for the VIPS department
- Create, maintain and manage Resource Portal for VIPS
- Performs required data entry in various client relations management systems.
- Schedule and Design Internal and External events and other similar activities for the VIPS department
- Prepare business correspondence, agendas, and presentations, typically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook etc.)
- Understand the mission of each community outreach programs and plan/support activities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with representatives of community and social and civic organizations
- Support VIPS with engaging community members in VIPS programs to increase their knowledge
- Develop content and materials for special outreach programs such as workshops, meetings and conferences
- Establish small volunteer base (consist of North Lawndale residents)
- Develop innovative and creative media content across social media platforms
- Create and maintain relevant social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Work with Peace Hub Coordinator to setup daily tasks and activities for all social media outlets
Education /Job Experience/Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (Human Services) preferred or at least 3 years of related work experience required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in customer service and data entry
Special Knowledge and Qualifications
- Strong computer skills in data entry, word processing, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and report writing
- Possesses good understanding of human services and not-for-profit agencies.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.