The Learning Experience
The Learning Experience is the leader in the early education industry- we are known for making a positive difference in the lives of children. We strongly believe that a growth mindset is key to all that we do, and we consistently seek like-minded, talented people to join our team.
Our outstanding people exemplify our 3 core values:
Innovative Mindset Collaborative Spirit Community Impact
We're looking for a Copy Editor/Proof Reader
This position is based in Deerfield Beach, FL.
The ideal candidate will be detailed-oriented and deadline-driven with demonstrated experience editing copy.
- Copy editing and proofreading, involving but not limited to correcting, strengthening, and organizing (along with other modifications as needed) with the intention of producing a correct, consistent, accurate, and complete work
- Copy edit and proofread all proprietary material written by the Curriculum Department for publication
- Applying content expertise to editing and proofreading curriculum for children ages six weeks to five years
- Retaining responsibility for edits of all curriculum development, company publications, and other documents needing review
- Checking written materials and providing final approvals before they are sent to production
- Correcting spelling and grammar while aligning to house style
- Preparing the copy for conversion into printed form
- Editing curriculum-based materials in keeping with the latest trends and needs in the classroom
- Creating successful curriculum-based products for the classroom that are easy for teachers to use, engaging for students, and improve student success
- Proofreading, correcting, strengthening and organizing (inclusive of modifications) to produce a correct, consistent, accurate and complete assignments
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or related field. MFA in Creative Writing preferred
- 5+ years' experience in copy editing and proofreading
- Experience working with deadlines and short turn around's while maintaining high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Proven ability to edit content for clarity, grammar, punctuation and overall presentation
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely and assist with reworking confusing or unclear text
- Knowledge of publishing software, specifically Adobe InDesign
- Passion for the written word and the willingness to learn from other creative professionals
- High level of organization with ability to flex with shifting deadlines and deliverable's
- Understanding of style and adapting content to context
- Excellent customer service and communications skills necessary to understand content needs and goals
Why Should You Apply?
- Great pay and benefits
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Work alongside people that share a passion for making a difference in the lives of children