Job Posting End Date:
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
CACI (Customer Acquisition/Customer Implementation) is looking for a highly motivated, results oriented individual who can perform business analysis related to the following Customer Acquisition functions; Product pricing, Request for Quote, Underwriting, Case Submission, and Customer onboarding. An understanding of Unum’s Group, VB, and Starmount Product features and associated business rules is preferred. Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience getting to the root of opportunities which can improve business efficiency and customer satisfaction. In order to advance the utilization of our digital technology the candidate should be able to collaborate closely with the Product Owner and the Scrum Team to ensure business needs, including business value, are well understood and any complexities in business design are negotiated to maximize the return on investment. As a member of a scrum team, the candidate may also conduct testing, data analysis, facilitation of team ceremonies, and production problem resolution. Current needs are for Journey 1; simplifying and modernizing Unum’s IRP Proposals and Journey 2; enhancing the Sales Force onboarding process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Elicit requirements using appropriate techniques (often times elicitation will require work on artifacts such as Personas, User Stories and/or Story Maps)
- Collaborates with Product Owners to manage and groom the backlog for the team
- Collaborates with the Product owner and relevant subject matter experts to define concise and effective user stories with precise and accurate acceptance criteria that will be used by the team and product owner to ensure that stakeholder and product owner intent is effectively captured and developed
- Define the detailed design and acceptance criteria for a user story on a just ‐ in ‐ time/just ‐ enough basis
- Review the acceptance criteria with the Team (Software Engineers and Test Engineers) to ensure agreement on testability so the team can drive toward getting the right tests automated to support continuous integration
- Collaborates with the team on the definition of done for business analysis tasks to ensure successful development of user stories
- Collaborates with business partners and the agile team to define, coordinate and at times execute Acceptance Testing
- Determine and use the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to the source
- Performs Story Decomposition to enable planning at the appropriate level of granularity that supports the just ‐ in ‐ time nature of agile approaches
- Completes process mapping and decomposition
- Collaborates with the agile team during planning and interacts with the Scrum
- Master or Team Lead and product owner to agree sprint deliverables post sprint planning
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to ensure that the stories identified and defined are aligned with the Capability roadmap
- Has a detailed knowledge of business processes for assigned business portfolios and has suggestions or ideas on how to improve
- Gather requirements for persona of specific user experiences.
- Completes Information architecture and works with UXD resources to ensure excellent user experience is delivered.
- Evaluates native functionality from third party/cloud solutions and identifies opportunities to meet business needs
- Identify data sources and gather and analyze data relevant to processes impacted by the solutions being created
- Documents functional and non-functional specifications
- Assists the agile team with internal test execution, inclusive of documenting results, managing and tracking defects, and troubleshooting issues that arise out of testing
- Collaborates with the Team (Architects, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, builds and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the Product Owner is expecting
- May perform configurations of third party/cloud solutions including page layouts, workflows, reporting and dashboards
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily stand-ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
Salesforce experience where the candidate can demonstrate a deep understanding of Salesforce in at least two functional areas
- Understanding of the Salesforce Data object model, Lead, Opportunity, Quote and Contract object experience
- Awareness of the Salesforce release process with a knowledge of Salesforce DX advantageous
- Strong background in a development environment a must, with experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and associated tooling, Jenkins, SonarCube etc
- Must be able to solve complex business problems through aligning the capabilities of the Salesforce platform and present recommendations to management effectively
- Must have good planning, organizational and decision-making skills
- Salesforce Certification desirable, for example Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201), Certified Salesforce Developer (DEV 402), Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator (ADM 301)
- Ability to understand data structures and data modeling
- Ability to do wireframes via a tool such as Balsmiq
- 2+ years experience working as part of an agile team
- Passionate about the business direction, priorities, results, and customer experience.
- Has demonstrated good analytical abilities
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills to document and communication requirements
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Takes an innovative approach to problem-solving
- IIBA certifications are a plus
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.