Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4,000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Professional Development Manager reporting to the Senior Manager of Professional Development. This position can reside in either the Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, New York, Los Angeles or San Francisco offices and assists in the management of the overall planning, coordination, administration and implementation of the various Professional Development programs, functions and policies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the professional development process, which includes supervising, creating and publishing training calendar and developing related communication materials.
- Analyzing internal training programs including practice group focused training; making recommendations on programs and resources where appropriate; researching and customizing new learning solutions including instructor-led, online learning, and on-the-job learning; preparing reports and recommendations for continuation, modification, or termination of programs.
- Working with the Professional Development senior leadership, Practice Groups and Practice Group Training Partners to ensure consistent and comprehensive practice-based training to all Practice Group associates in each office.
- Working with the Professional Development team to support local office personnel responsible for CLE accreditation of Practice Group and office programs, including submission of applications for accreditation, collection and maintenance of feedback forms, and preparation and distribution of CLE Certificates of Attendance for Practice Group and Office training.
- Collaborating with Firm Director and Professional Development team on the Mentoring Program.
- Working with the Professional Development team to provide input into the design and development of the Firm’s Professional Development management systems.
- Assisting to monitor the Professional Development budget and expenses.
- Providing support to Associate Talent Team for firm wide initiatives.
- Maintaining relationships and communicating with consultants and outside vendors as necessary.
- Developing and maintaining expertise for the Firm, including an understanding of innovative attorney training programming and curriculum; and
- Providing administrative support to the Associate Talent and Pro Bono Partner and Firm and Office Committees as needed.
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of relevant experience in a large or mid-sized law firm or professional services environment. Juris Doctor degree is preferred. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- The successful applicant will also have excellent organizational skills; effective written and oral communication skills; the ability to take initiative and contribute new ideas; the ability to interact effectively with all levels of Firm management and staff; the capability to exercise sound judgment and work well under pressure; the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and the ability to deal with confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project, as well as the ability to adapt to new software programs.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.