Access Digital is hiring an Associate Digital Video Producer who will be a part of our growing team of digital video producers and writers. This job entails producing and editing content for web platforms end-to-end. The ideal candidate has experience writing scripts, reporting and sourcing information, collecting assets, producing and editing digital video, and posting it on social platforms. Experience in producing and consuming entertainment news will be very important to this role. This role will report to the Managing Editor of Access Digital.
The ideal candidate is creative, adaptable, and very fast at writing and creating digital video content. Job duties include producing digital-first entertainment content for social, distribution, and mobile optimized platforms. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in entertainment video production, proven video editing skills, and a clear understanding of the key difference between traditional media and digital-first content.
On-camera talent is not required for this role, but experience behind the camera, working as a reporter/producer on red carpets or entertainment-related events is a plus.
Create several digital video stories per day, often under tight news-driven deadlines
Cut short form digital video in under 3 hours from end-to-end:
Collecting reporting, writing the script, collecting assets/b-roll, producing and editing video, and posting it on social and web platforms
Edit with ease in Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects or AVID
Optimize video formats for distribution – be able to create concise, interesting stories with a fun voice
Optimize content for social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Post video on social media channels
On occasion, write articles and create galleries to be posted on-site
Do red carpet interviews; shoot crisp, clean footage on DSLR camera
Collect clear audio in the field and in the studio
Take assignments from the Managing Editor daily
Contribute to team brainstorms by pitching content ideas that will help build video views, on-site and off-site traffic and audience
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience creating content for digital platforms
- Working experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.), knowledge of Photoshop is a must
- Working experience with AVID
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong copy-editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work
- Must be able to work under extremely tight deadlines
- Social media-savvy with the ability to post your own stories on Access social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Must be able to write articles for website on occasion
- Ability to shoot footage on DSLR camera
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA or New York, NY
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles, breaking news, and Awards shows
- Creative thinker who can look at entertainment trends and find innovative ways to tell a story in a digital video
- Willingness to be an individual contributor while working within a team environment and contribute to the overall brand’s growth and success
- Strong understanding of digital metrics: page views, video views, how to gain new followers on different platforms, including on-site
- Strong understanding of digital trends
- Strong camera skills: ability to shoot your own videos using HDV cameras
- Red carpet interview skills – ability to interview celebrity talent and come up with smart, breaking news questions that we can turn into digital videos
NBC Ent Marketing & Digital
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.