The Vice President role at Method is a senior management-level role that leads and executes across a diverse, innovative portfolio of client accounts. Vice Presidents at Method ensure that we are operationally fluid, constantly providing innovative PR programs for clients. Acting in an integral role on the leadership team, VPs help to grow Method’s business, advise clients and manage our people and team members. They drive creation, development and execution of a number of PR programs and are a strategic voice to clients. They guide client counsel and oversee the day to day operations of client teams. They are an expert communicator and experienced manager, displaying impeccable leadership skills, growing and developing diverse talent. Vice Presidents have the ability to manage multiple direct reports, empowering and motivating groups of professionals with different management requirements.
Vice Presidents have a strong agency presence, impeccable personal drive and the desire to team with HR on internal agency initiatives such as training, process improvement and more. They are agency leaders, assessing team’s’ strengths and weaknesses, mentoring leadership levels and below, and dealing with personnel conflicts professionally. As a Vice President at Method, you act as a strong agency advocate for continued learning and personal professional growth, and have a understanding mentality to leading and managing multiple people and clients from diverse backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Account Management, Strategy and Execution:
Provide high-level, strategic guidance and counsel for clients and other management internally, charting teams towards well-conceptualized PR programs, developing realistic goals for internal team members and for clients. Oversee projects and initiatives, while allowing team members to own and execute against projects. Work with AS and AD to ensure assigning and delegation of roles and responsibilities across internal teams are in place. Agency leader that is present in all office correspondence, weighing in when necessary to provide additional guidance or review materials for clients. Help build and manage Method’s ongoing business plan, with long-term goals in mind for new business and agency growth.
Leveraging media relationships on multiple verticals. Has relationships and experience pitching reporters across vertical segments, developing strong written content, ability to review and provide guidance on media requests and opportunities, briefing books and backgrounders, and are actively identifying new reporters and storylines that make sense for the client.
Continual growth and learning opportunities through new client experiences. Ability to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses of junior staff members. Strong ability to have tough conversations with clients and provide feedback to management. Play an active role in knowledge sharing and learning and develop initiatives that help shape the future direction of the company.
Act as a manager mentor for designated direct reports; responsible for identifying goals, providing guidance and feedback on their performance during coaching sessions. Able to deliver constructive feedback to ensure level requirements are met and the correct action is taken.
- 10+ years in agency and/or in-house communications or marketing field
- Demonstrated experience building, conceptualizing and executing integrated communications programs that align with client/company business goals and objectives that produce significant results
- Senior-level management experience, and/or experience growing a practice area or agency
- Strong editing and writing capabilities with the ability to teach PR and marketing across teams
- Experience leading and growing a multi-disciplinary team
- Established relationships with media - journalists, analysts, and influencers
- Adaptable management style, fit to manage others and oversee multiple direct reports with different managerial requirements, working on both hard and soft skill development for coachees
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual, big-picture mindset
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter with drive and commitment to excellence. Passion for work and commitment to developing skills and helping team members learn on a daily basis
- Ability to accurately recognize when a client’s program needs adjustment or is in need of innovative approaches, and execute against those, working with the client to develop additional projects or programs to chart towards overarching goals