Vesa Health & Technology has a rewarding opportunity for an I.T. Helpdesk Technician to provide support at NAVAL HOSPITAL TWENTYNINE PALMS MARINE AIR GROUND TASK FORCE TRAINING COMMAND (MAGTFTC), TwentyninePalms, CA.
Position offers excellent pay, paid time off, paid federal holidays and full benefits are offered!
The Naval Hospital TwentyninePalms (NHTP) and its Branch Health Clinics provide medical and surgical inpatient and outpatient care to active duty personnel, military retirees and their families. In support of these efforts, the Information Management Department (IMO) at the NHTP has requirements for information technology staffing personnel to provide desktop support and administration. The objective of this order is to provide support services for the overall operational objectives of Naval Hospital TwentyninePalms (NHTP). Services provided are in support of the NHTP Information Management Department (IMO).
- Shall be proficient with managing and maintaining a workload that supports over 800 end-users.
- Must have COMPTIA Security+ (Sec+) certification.
- Must have a Microsoft Operating System certification.
- Will be required to obtain current Operating System and Information Security IT Professional Certifications IAW established DoD/BUMED directives. Certifications must be achieved within required timeframes.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Workstation and Server Operating Systems within 9 months) and Com pTiaSecurity+ (within 6 months).
- The contractor shall server as an IT Specialist responsible for receiving and remediating customer complaints, answering customer questions and providing recommendations related to the overall use of a DoD computer system.
- Creates, troubleshoots, administers and maintains network logon accounts, email accounts, trouble ticket accounts and other logon accounts.
- Supports and maintains systems using the current operating system (Windows NT/Windows 7 for work stations and Window Server 2003/2008)
- Responsible for resolving Desk Top related trouble tickets.
- The contractor shall establish and sustain effective Tier 2 desktop support for the Information Management Department (IMD) at the Naval Hospital TwentyninePalms (NHTP) enclave.
- The Desktop Support Specialist shall demonstrate the ability to independently configure and install desktop and laptop Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and install software applications and hardware devices on Information Management systems.
- The Contractor shall troubleshoot and repair Information Management End-User devices for example computers, monitors, printers, and scanners.
- The Contractor shall organize and prioritize daily technical support in Command areas withdifferent support requirements.
- The Contractor shall draft and maintain best performance practices documents to include configuration guides, placement diagrams, wiring schemes, maintenance logs, equipment databases, and operating procedures to capture and immortalize best practices
- Contractor shall have excellent written and verbal communications and customer service skills.
- Contractor shall support the current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office in use at the Command (Currently, Windows XP/2003/2008 and Office 2007/2010) applications in a networking environment.
- The Contractor shall diagnose, troubleshoot and repair problems reported by end users regarding the Information Systems and other hardware that has been provided for their use.
- The Contractor shall be required to coordinate with the equipment vendor asnecessary to diagnose problems, perform troubleshooting, and install replacement components for defective parts.
- The Contractor shall install, configure and repair Information Management Systems and their associated peripherals.
- The Contractor support shall include, although is not limited to all Medical applications utilized by NHTP in Conjunction with Desktop Support.
Job Type: Full-time
- Helpdesk: 2 years (Required)
- Twentynine Palms, CA (Preferred)
- Certified Microsoft Professional (Required)
- COMPTIA Security+ (Sec+) certification. (Required)