***THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN AMENDED TO REFLECT DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY PROCEDURES***
You will serve as a/an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)-DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Disaster Credit Management System - DCMS in Herndon, Virginia. This position provides leadership expertise in the development of secure software solutions for the Disaster Credit Management System Operations Center.
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)-DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY at the GS-2210-14, some of your typical work assignments may include:
Ensure security considerations are integrated into the entire product development lifecycle (product design, development, delivery, operations, support, etc.)
Create transparent cybersecurity procedures that are easy for customers and team members and help develop code that meets security requirements.
Participate in Agile Sprint retrospectives to ensure that the software development processes are continuously improved.
Ensure data processing systems are optimized for state-of-the-art technology and functionality to support the delivery.
Provide expertise and leadership related to the implementation of secure cloud-based technologies.
Utilize and manage various database management systems such as Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL), Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL and Structured Query Language (SQL).
This is a Cadre position, which is a competitive service status position with a full-time seasonal work schedule.
In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required.
DCMS is located in the business area of Herndon, VA. It is conveniently located near various eateries and shops and is accessible via public transportation.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures, announcement # MP-19-048-DCMS-10579484. In order to receive consideration as a status candidate, you must apply to the Merit Promotion announcement.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Information Technology Specialist (It Specialist)
Conditions of Employment
U.S. citizenship is required.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
Credit Score must be at least 500.
You may be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on the resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-13 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate:
- Utilizing cloud-based development frameworks, to include programming and database frameworks, such as Salesforoce Object Query Language (SOQL), Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net and Microsoft Standard Query Language (SQL Server.
- Conducting data analysis, data conversion, data mapping and/or data modeling as it pertains to Information Technology System; and
- Integrating Information Security best practices into the software development lifecycle.
There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
If selected for this position, you will be eligible for benefits. The above link is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Small Business Administration is committed to building a high-performing, 21st century workforce that possesses the following core attributes: cultural astuteness, technological proficiency, articulate, strong writing capabilities, superior conflict resolution skills, and exceptional presentation skills. Candidates should be prepared as they may be further evaluated on these attributes throughout the application and selection process.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Configuration Management, Information Systems/Network Security, Software Development, and Technical Documentation
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume showing hours worked per week, dates of employment, and duties performed.
2. Completed Questionnaire
3. Other supporting documents, such as:
Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 or other Member copy showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME OR ANY APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO THE AGENCY CONTACT.
Your latest resume submitted for this position will be used to determine qualification determinations and supersedes previous submissions.
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP):
If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, provide a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal (which must show at least a "fully successful" rating or equivalent), and proof of eligibility, i.e., a RIF separation notice or Certification of Expected Separation, and SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. In addition to meeting all qualification requirements and selective placement factors (if applicable), CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must meet the Well-Qualified criteria for the position in order to be given priority consideration. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is also on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP.
2. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference , you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference , you must submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.