The Classic Catering People is looking for an artistic, inspiring and skilled Pastry Chef to join our outstanding culinary team. This position is designed to foster creativity and imagination. This person will also be a resource for the culinary team.
The Classic Catering People is dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine. We are one of the leading off premise full service and drop-off catering companies in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of The Classic Catering PAt the Classic Catering People, we are dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of our clients,our team members and the communities we serve.
The Pastry Chef is responsible for:
- Preparation of desserts and baked goods in a commercial kitchen.
- Assists with the development and execution of dessert and baked good recipes.
- Assists with the the maintenance of an inventory of ingredients.
- Ability to work closely with and supervise a team of pastry chefs.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, curiosity to learn, efficiency, quick learning skills and delivers excellence at all times.
- Maintaining a professional and well-kept personal appearance.
- Being organized, possessing the ability to follow direction, being forward thinking and having the ability to problem solve on your feet while maintaining composure with customers.
- Being a team player and possessing a “can do” attitude.
The ideal candidate has:
- Culinary degree or an Associates Degree in a related field of study strongly preferred.
- At least two years of experience working in a pastry kitchen or related environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong artistic and creative abilities in order to make delicious desserts that are appealing to the eye; cannot be afraid to think “outside the box.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written; bilingual a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible with hours; must be able to accommodate early mornings, daytime, nights, weekends and holiday hours with the ability to travel throughout the Maryland, DC and Pennsylvania area.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Flexible schedules