- High School Diploma or GED
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
When a policyholder gets sick or hurt, Aflac pays cash benefits quickly. Aflac insurance policies give policyholders the opportunity to focus on recovery, not financial stress. In the United States, Aflac is the leading provider of voluntary insurance at the work site. In Japan, Aflac is the leading provider of medical and cancer insurance and insures 1 in 4 households. Aflac individual and group insurance products help provide protection to more than 50 million people worldwide.
- For ten consecutive years, Aflac has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
- In 2016, FORTUNE magazine recognized Aflac as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the 18th consecutive year.
- Also, in 2016, FORTUNE magazine included Aflac on its list of Most Admired Companies for the 15th time, ranking the company #1 in the life and health insurance category.
- Aflac Incorporated is a Fortune 500 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AFL.
About Our Benefits Advisor
As a Benefits Advisor with Aflac, you will meet with business owners to help them develop strategies for enhancing their employee compensation packages. Your ultimate goal will be to help their employees protect their assets at their greatest time of need. We need individuals who learn quickly, follow through on their commitments, and set and execute goals effectively and efficiently.
Duties/Responsibilities (extensive on-the-job training will be provided)
- Use the power of social and in-person networking to reach CEOs, business owners, and human resources managers to determine which voluntary benefits programs best suit the needs of their employees
- Help new and existing policyholders choose plans that will protect their assets at their greatest time of need
- Business-to-business sales and consultations
- Presentation of products to key decision makers and potential policyholders
- Assist business owners in making complex decisions regarding their employee compensation packages
- One-to-one servicing of policies, including enrollments and claims
- Build and maintain client relationships through effective communication
Our Benefits Advisor must have the heart of a social worker and the spirit of an entrepreneur. They must also exhibit the following skills, habits, and traits:
- Professionalism suitable to a business environment
- Effective and efficient goal setting and achievement
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Organization skills and strategies
- Direct themselves and others with respect and dignity
- Take action and ownership when necessary
- No sales training is necessary
- High school diploma or GED required
- You must be 18 years of age, a resident of Alaska State, and have no felonies on record
- Make a difference at critical points in a person’s life
- Create a flexible work schedule
- Energetic and collaborative culture and work environment
- World-class training program with a Fortune 500 Company
- Competitive commissions and vested lifetime renewals
- Immediate commission payments and incentives (including cash bonuses, trips, recognition, and more)
- Management opportunities for qualified candidates
- Expected market increase of 1,000% in the next 5 years
- Support of a Fortune 500 Company that is rated #1 in its industry
- National branding with 96-98% brand recognition in the U.S. (2nd only to Coca-Cola)
- Support from veteran agents who coach and mentor you every step of the way to success
- In-class and on-the-job training
- Work for one of the world’s most ethical companies
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Health and Life Insurance (Required)