In order to be considered please apply at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/528700100
ALL APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE within 70 miles of the St. Michaels/Window Rock area.
This is a bilingual position. Applicants will be required to self-certify proficiency in Navajo as a condition of employment.
- Responsible for supervising and managing the personnel, payroll, supply requisitioning and other administrative activities.
- Supervise the daily processing of payroll, personnel and other administrative documents.
- Form and maintain effective relationships with peers, subordinates, management and other regional census center employees.
- Identify and resolve problems and clearly communicate the action associated with the encountered problems.
- Prepare, review and analyze staffing, and payroll reports and assures the administrative operations are conducted within prescribed time schedules.
- Oversee payroll and personnel activities, help maintain the flow and quality of work to meet deadlines.
- Request the approval of supply and materiel equipment as needed to ensure continuity of office operations.
- Assist in setting up and closing the office, and assure minimal waste of excess supplies and equipment.
- Present information to audiences that predominantly speak Navajo and translate and develop targeted informational and promotional materials from Navajo to English and English to Navajo when necessary.
Occasional travel - Position may require occasional travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)