Paramount Transportation Systems – San Marcos, CA is looking for a Pricing Manager to join its team.
This management position requires interaction with vendors, clients, transferees and other members of Paramount management. Supervise and direct the activities of direct and indirect office personnel and suppliers. The position requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with thorough knowledge of the international moving process. Must have leadership, problem solving, and team building skills and experience. Must be organized and able to work as a team or independently to meet deadlines and goals. Must be able to interpret client contracts and take full responsibility to ensure that we adhere to all requirements. Must be able to develop, evaluate and implement pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics. This position will be expected to provide business recommendations for pricing best practices across the enterprise.
- Leading & creating training sessions for office personnel within and outside the customer service department
- Provide training, professional development, and consistent direction and policy to staff to achieve pricing and financial objectives.
- Monitoring office personnel and assisting as needed
- Knowledge of policies and contracts of all clients serviced by the business unit
- Interfacing with clients, service providers, customer service reps, and others to ensure top quality service is provided to all in the move process
- Responsible for all client reporting needs and make sure that the contract requirements are fulfilled
- Maintain workflow and coverage of all absent personnel in the office
- Overseeing that all processes are completed properly and in accordance to SOPs, systems, client’s invoicing needs, communications, and vendor invoices
- Mediate any differences between inter-company offices, vendors, clients, and transferees in a proper and professional manner
- Interfacing with Sales and Senior Management to ensure proper business growth is maintained
- Actively involved with Sales and Senior Management on sales calls or client meetings
- Monitor quotations for timeliness and accuracy with a pulse on the win/loss ratio
- Be creative within and outside the business unit to ensure profitability for the company
- Flexible to the needs of internal and external employees, transferees, vendors, and clients
- Conduct regular meetings with office personnel, sharing news, information, or team building exercises
- Responsible for development of pricing themes and strategies and managing client/prospect proposals.
- Respond to all incoming rate requests from overseas agents and corporate accounts
- Development and maintenance of pricing models that maximize profit and conversion rate.
- Coordination with members of the operations staff to develop basis of estimates.
- Work as a key member of proposal teams, supporting the sales team and executive management.
- Work with finance, and contracts personnel to incorporate technical requirements, financial profit and risk objectives, and contractual terms.
- Responsible for review and quality assurance of large proposals.
- Responsible for conducting research and performing competitive pricing analysis.
- Coordinates with Marketing to ensure regular customer feedback is incorporated into pricing policies through surveys, focus groups and other means.
- Responsible for rolling out price change initiatives and strategies.
- Monitors ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact company reputation or customer satisfaction.
- Creates/administers pricing databases and coordinates implementation of pricing proposals across the organization.
- Assist with the development, publishing and communication of Pricing Policies & Procedures.
- Manage some of the VIP move and new clients
- Review policies issued for the week per SOP
- Responsible for seeing that rates and bookings are done in an accurate and timely manner
- Capacity to make decisions, solve service problems and make recommendations regarding routing and required services for each move
- Responsible for making certain the correct charges have been added to Odyssey on each shipment when invoicing.
- Approval and audit of individual vendor invoices as required
- Knowledge of and prompt communication to operations coordinators on specific transportation documentation requirements and forbidden articles for all modes of sea, land and aircraft transportation
- Superior leadership skills, team building and problem solving abilities
- Provide leadership skills to promote the goals and objectives of Paramount Transportation Systems
- Promote a welcome, healthy office culture through a positive, can-do attitude and professional communication to internal and external customers, co-workers and vendors
- Ensure that oral and written communication is clear, concise and timely
- Understand and support the company’s policies and procedures. Offer constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement
- Understand and effectively utilize the various electronic tools including Odyssey and email.
- Display organizational skills necessary to allow for easy access of information by co-workers
- 5-10 years’ experience with international rating, routing, and client interaction
- Excellent communication skills: written & verbal
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
- Must be detail oriented; high level of accuracy in work product.
- Basic accounting knowledge for receivables, payables, credits, and debits
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline intensive environment
- Advance problem solving skills
- Understand and utilize time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or in lieu of, 5-10 years of experience in the IHHG industry
- Must pass a background check
- Employee medical is company paid
- 401(k) retirement program
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Salary is negotiable based on experience
- Casual dress
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
Paramount Transportation Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values a Diverse Workforce
Job Type: Full-time
- international pricing: 5 years