Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Develop applications and contribute to the complete life cycle; from concept and design to implementation and testing. You will be building high-performing, scalable, embedded precision farming applications.
- Assist in the design and development of new features by implementing backend processes that interface with existing processes, the database and Android UI
- Assist in the design of new software architectures and continuous improvement of the existing designs.
- Support, optimize and extend current embedded C++ and Java daemons running on a Linux operating system providing content to Android clients
- Develop flexible code implementing IPC; utilizing Thrift and Protocol Buffer architectures
- Maintain relational databases using Hibernate ORM framework
- Work independently on projects, manage day-to-day assignments and collaborate as a proactive team member
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies that contribute to the forward progress of the team and our projects
Experience / Skills Required
- Strong English communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software engineering
- 4 year degree in computer science or related focus
- Strong embedded C++ and / or Java proficiency
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems is required
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis / Design
- Understanding of Test and Behavior Driven Design
- Ability and willingness to learn and adopt new technologies and tools currently used – a passion for latest / greatest tech and tools
Preferred / Nice-to-Have Skills
- Agile Development process experience
- Full SDLC experience
- Exposure to agriculture industry
- Knowledge of / experience with machine control
- GNSS (GPS / GLONASS) understanding
- Hardware communication experience (Serial, USB, Ethernet)
- Knowledge of basic Networking (TCP/IP, ISOBUS, CAN)
- Experience with SQLite or PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with any of the following tools and APIs (the more, the better): Polarion for Requirements, Eclipse+ADT / IntelliJ / AndroidStudio for development, Gerrit / Git for version control, Jenkins for continuous integrations, Ant / Maven for builds, Enterprise Architect / Rhapsody for software design, Android DDMS, Qt, Protocol Buffers, zeroMQ, Robolectric, Apache Thrift / Avro, Hibernate ORM, Sprint Framework, Mockito, Junit, JProfiler, Java 6/7/8, JNI, OpenGL (ES)
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D