Director, Technical/Customer Support
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
Leads the activities of Covetrus Customer Support Services (CSS), and is fully responsible and accountable for its performance and P&L for the virtualized Contact Center for North America. Ensures effective delivery of high-quality, Best in Class post-sales applications and technical support to customers. Works in concert with Marketing OPS and Sales to drive sales of Support Contracts to maintain an annuity of Support Revenue, and acts as liaison across all departments with the Sustainability Manager to maintain continuity and standardization of offerings across the organization to drive NPS/Customer Satisfaction scores to drive Customers for Life.
- Be the Customer advocate within Covetrus for North America.
- Direct team of CSS Managers to ensure delivery of high quality, timely support.
- Holds overall responsibility for productivity and quality of services delivered.
- Develop and manage the P&L for CSS North America.
- Drive implementation of new processes and technology to continuously improve the quality of services offered.
- In conjunction with management of other departments, develop and implement policies and procedures to improve customer satisfaction.
- Identify key product issues and work with Product Management/Product Owners and Dev/QA to remediate.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the CSS offering. Work in conjunction with sales force to promote sales of services products.
- Support the corporate sales force team in selling Support Contracts/Subscriptions to achieve corporate goals.
- Coordinate the development of new and competitive service offerings. Includes developing support programs and contracts in conjunction with other departments such as Legal, Sales, and Marketing.
- Oversee development, documentation, and implementation of processes and guidelines to ensure that the department is delivering the best possible support to our customers.
- Set strategy, and manage long term service levels in CSS. Develop long range plans for continuously improving levels of support. Direct management team’s efforts in monitoring departmental performance levels, phone/chat/Email coverage, and Backline/Resource Time to meet target service levels and quality measures.
- Provide guidance and leadership to direct reports in their daily activities. Develop goals and objectives for each direct report and manage on a consistent basis throughout the year. Develop training and succession plans for each.
- Handle escalated customer issues and coordinate resolutions with Sustainability Manager and other groups, as appropriate. Work closely with management of other departments to address customer issues. Facilitate resolution of product technical problems and allay customer concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned based on a rapidly changing and developing business environment and priorities.
Understanding business need to establish and monitor key KPI’s at all locations using real time data to drive goals within the unit. Has built and led a Best in Class Support Center(s) via TSIA, SCP, SSPA, ITIL or a documented combination of these standards.
Required to be a visible leader with strategic orientation. Drives excellence in all areas of responsibility as well as integrates consistency, cohesion, and alignment across customer support units at all locations and for remote/”work from home” TSM’s.
Operates autonomously, receives little to no guidance on day-to-day work, and receives general instructions on new initiatives and organizational goals via occasional meetings with the VP of OPS.
Demonstrated ability to operate in a lean business environment with the goal of building a large profitable organization, track record of sales and profit growth, strong strategic planning, vision, organization and leadership skills, excellent analytical skills – ability to translate data into information and apply to business decisions, ability to prioritize and function in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects, ability to work effectively with peers, senior executives, and subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience as applicable to the charter
- 5+ years Customer Service or Support experience in a large, high-velocity Center
- 6-8 years of overall management experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business operations
- Strong management, communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to assign and monitor performance.
- Proficient PC Skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong technical aptitude; should have a good understanding of underlying technologies and platforms where the product reside
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
50% on average, to visit/lead locations in North America, attend divisional meetings and Trade Shows/Conferences as requested.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated with undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.