St. Luke's Health System is looking for a Facility Maintenance/Mechanic to join our laundry facility team in Boise.
EXPERIENCE WITH ELECTRICAL, HYDRAULICS, PNEUMATICS, AND MECHANICAL IS HIGHLY PREFERRED. EXPERIENCE REPAIRING INDUSTRIAL LAUNDRY MACHINERY IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION; MUST BE OPEN TO WORKING MORNINGS, AFTERNOONS, EVENINGS, AND SATURDAYS.
The Facility Maintenance/Mechanic, under limited supervision, performs routine work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment.
Functions (typically up to 10)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoots and addresses basic repairs and maintenance.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs and/or maintenance as needed.
- Maintain and apply codes, standards, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- May be responsible for infectious waste removal and light carpentry duties.
- Complies with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements. Dispose of materials according to regulations.
- Coordinate third party vendor support. Collaborate with interdisciplinary departments.
- References drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of equipment.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group.
- Handles moderately complex issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
(Minimum qualifications required for the job)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Valid driver’s license
2 years of relevant experience is highly preferred.
The Building and Construction Services Department is looking for a positive, upbeat individual who can work in a fast paced environment.
Our employees enjoy many benefits, some of the most popular are tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and hospital-supported on-going training and education.
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 13,500 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our employees are dedicated to impacting the lives of those in our community while pursuing a life- changing career at St. Luke’s. Our staff is the reason for our outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and superior healthcare organization. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
With multiple locations in the beautiful southern and central Idaho, our mild, four season climate means you can play outdoors year-round. Whether you prefer leisurely walks along the river or heart-pounding climbs up a sheer cliff- there is always something to do after work. An exciting mix of urban and outdoor life defines Idaho’s culture, you can ski in the morning and watch a college sporting event at night. It is a great state to raise a family and forge lasting relationships. The cost of living is low, and quality of life is high.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, St. Luke’s may be just the place for you.
“One of Truven Health Analytics® Top 15 Health Systems – IBM Watson Health 2017”
- St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.