Under close supervision, drives a large capacity passenger bus to transport residents to activities, errands, and destinations. Properly operates bus and ensures the safety of all passengers.
1. Drives daily and weekly route schedules to transport residents to shopping, entertainment, worship, medical offices, etc. Also drives residents to specially scheduled events.
2. Assists residents in and out of the bus utilizing the wheelchair lift and/or stairs, if needed. Carries and loads oxygen tanks and follows basic instructions and precautions for their use. Carries belongings, opens doors, and cautions residents on steps and other objects in their path. Opens/closes and loads/unloads walkers and wheelchairs.
3. Conducts daily checks of bus operation including fuel, oil, wipers, fluids, interior and exterior lights, etc. Notifies supervisor of concerns and needs. Drives bus to service center to obtain needed repairs and services. Maintains records and logs of internal and external service.
4. Fills the bus with gasoline at pre-approved service stations.
5. Ensures the interior and exterior of the bus is cleaned. Vacuums interior and collect and disposes of garbage. Wipes surfaces. Cleans windows. Washes exterior as necessary.
6. Responds appropriately and in a safe manner in the event of unforeseen operational malfunctions. Follows emergency procedures and ensures the protection of passengers. Ensures requirements relating to emergency exit doors, eating, drinking and smoking in or near vehicle are followed at all times.
7. Interacts with residents in a friendly manner providing meaningful attention and communicating concerns of resident’s health to management as appropriate.
8. Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.)
9. May also assist with activities and scheduled events such as bingo. Runs errands for events and community as requested.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.50 to $13.00 /hour