Full Job Description
Ursa is looking for skilled data scientists to join our growing technical team and help us uncover value in our data! We are building a ground-breaking analytic fusion platform to deliver global business intelligence to organizations around the world. There is a lot of cross-pollination here at Ursa. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly-skilled scientists, developers, and engineers, working on a variety of research and software projects. There are no egos here - we are looking for the best ideas and are eager to hear your input!
Your role on the team will be to generate useful analyses either by directly using our internal data products or by exploring data fusion with other data streams, as well as helping streamline and enhance the delivery of our analytic products.
- Use statistical modeling techniques to help marketing, analysis, and development of new products
- Manage delivery and supporting content generation of data products
- Statistical analysis to develop use cases that align with market interest (e.g., financial industry, logistics, commodities trading, etc.)
- Clean and improve the data used for analysis, optimize databases and data access interfaces
- Work with third-party sources to enhance Ursa’s data product lines
- Perform data mining using state-of-the-art techniques
- Apply temporal and trend-based regression analysis to Ursa’s trove of historical global measurements to generate new insights
- Design and build graph-based and machine learning methods to improve Ursa’s information extraction algorithms and data workflows
- Create, manage, and deliver new data products including coordination of data inputs from internal team and external suppliers
- B.Sc. degree in Statistics, Information Science, Applied Math, or related field
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a data science role.
- Working knowledge of data science related languages (such as Python, Matlab) and toolkits
- Ability to use query languages and work with relational (i.e., MySQL) or NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Applied statistics, such as multiple regression, distribution analysis, hypothesis testing
- Strong scripting and programming skills, including working knowledge of Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Matlab,
- Knowledge and experience in statistical modeling and data mining techniques: Linear and Non-Linear Modeling and Regression, Simple Classifiers (NN, Random Forest, Decision Trees, Bayesian/Gaussian Kernels, SVMs, Boosted, etc.), natural language processing for text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers.
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate with a team of peers
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Possess effective time management proficiency in-order to meet tight deadlines and project milestones
- M.S. or PhD degree in Statistics, Information Science, Applied Math or related field
- Strong scripting and programming skills, including working knowledge of Python, C++, Matlab, Java
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Python, Tableau, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, Periscope, etc.
- Understanding machine learning/statistical learning techniques, such as Manifold Learning, Markov Models, Naïve Bayes, SVM, kNN, etc.
- Experience developing data science products in cloud environments, e.g., Amazon, Google, Azure
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, logistics, and energy markets
Senior positions are available for candidates with more experience.
Locations - Varies; teleworking options considered for strongly qualified candidates.
US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Application Package via GoogleHire:
We look forward to hearing from you!