Lead with HEART everyday
Our newest locations opening are in Mission Bay, Potrero and Embarcadero. When you step foot in one of our state-of-the-art centers you will feel welcomed, witness high quality interactions with children, low classroom ratios and a play based curriculum.
Apply now to inspire a team of early childhood professionals as an assistant director at a beautiful Bright Horizons center. Grow your leadership potential in partnership with the center director and benefit from professional training and development programs to enhance your career. Learn the many aspects of center management through hands-on leadership opportunities including reviewing emergent curriculum, organizing new classrooms, managing budgets and supporting the daily operations of the center.
As an assistant director at Bright Horizons, you will:
Motivate staff to maximize collaboration, retention and growth
Collaborate with the center director to maintain the day to day operations of the center
Partner with parents from enrollment to meeting the educational needs of their children
Manage your time as you support multiple classrooms and staff
Nurture your leadership skills and grow your career through various opportunities
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Requires two to four years of professional teaching experience with infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- One year of prior supervisory experience, including classroom leadership responsibility or professional administration experience in a child care center
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- An understanding of NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards
- Knowledge and ability to lead staff in implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Respond well to unusual or crisis situations
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to understand and manage center/school financial duties
- Computer literacy required
- Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences
- Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or email@example.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Having technical issues with your online application? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866.
Job Category 2
Center and School