Manages Chattem Chemicals’ order entry system, logistics, and is a customer service expert. Assures that orders are entered accurately into the system and plant personnel are operating with up-to-date customer needs and preferences. Establishment of excellent working relationships with customers, inside procurement personnel, human resources, quality control, quality assurance, warehouse personnel, plant personnel, business managers, and any other personnel with whom you come in contact with.
· Customer orders must be accepted, priced, entered into Metis and confirmed with the respective customer (by e-mail, phone, or fax) with a copy to the business manager and production supervisor.
· Customer central files are completed to the level of detail that any office personnel could review the file and obtain answers to customer or plant requests.
· Information is provided regarding open orders, shipped orders, carrier, etc. to sales personnel or customer needing information.
· Insures appropriate response and follow-up for customer requests for technical information. Knows who to send requests to and have the ability to ask for assistance, if needed.
· Attend weekly order meetings, take notes of operations assigned Lot# to orders, track orders within QC by ship date minimum 5 (five) days before ship date. Ask for customer service manager and business manager support if ship date is not being met.
· Be a team player by providing open-loop communication and a leader by providing outstanding customer support.
· Must be willing to learn and be trained as directed by supervisor.
· Must be willing and able to take direction from supervisor realizing that business is complex and changes often without notice. Therefore, employee must be dynamic in training, planning, and thought.
· Employee must be respectful, well-spoken and thoughtful.
· Packing lists must be completed and distributed to appropriate personnel.
· Bills of lading and all other forms necessary to effect a shipment must be prepared to appropriate personnel.
· Labels and tags are prepared and forwarded to appropriate personnel.
· Prepares all above information and delivers to QC in the form of a “shipping packet” with a blue or green cover sheet on each shipment leaving CCI.
· Forwards all invoices to customers by entering all necessary information into SAP and mailing invoices at the appropriate time.
· Procure freight costs and quote customers when requested by the business managers.
· Attend transportation vendor meetings with purchasing; provide input for improving service levels.
· Assures that SAP is continually updated based on latest customer phone or written data.
· Other related duties as required.
- H.S. Diploma, minimum.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Experience in logistics customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location