FINNEGANS Beer Tender & Brand Ambassador
FINNEGANS, an innovative social enterprise, is looking for a high energy, socially minded self-starter, who excels in building strong business relationships to join our Taproom & Promotions Team.
FINNEGANS was the first beer in the world to donate 100 percent of its profits to feeding the hungry. FINNEGANS’ mission is turning beer into food. We focus on funding fresh local produce for those in need.As the 10th largest MN beer brand, FINNEGANS has plans to create further impact not only MN but WI, ND, SD and IA.
This Beer Tender and Brand Ambassador role is integral in creating energy around every FINNEGANS brewery visit, engaging retail accounts and furthering the FINNEGANS brand and mission, building and strengthening partnerships, and as the face of FINNEGANS in our grass roots marketing of craft beers. It is a great opportunity to get into the local craft beer scene, build your hospitality and promotions acumen and create a better community for all.
This position is based in the Twin Cities Metro area and would need access to a car daily to complete the job’s objectives. Occasional opportunities to travel for promotions, but not required.
Pay: Hourly Hours: Evenings and Weekends
- Beer Tend at FINNEGANS Brew Co’s downtown Minneapolis taproom
- Share the FINNEGANS energy, story/mission and learn beer specific stories and technical specs
- Ensure all taproom guests feel welcomed and have a wonderful experience, already planning their next trip back
- Serve responsibly according to MN and Federal guidelines
- Complete daily shift work
- Operate Upserve POS
- Promotional Samplings & Events
- Add value to accounts by executing samplings, improve signage and share FINNEGANS mission and beer portfolio to drive sales
- Happy hour promotions in on premise accounts
- Build relationships with current buying accounts during promotions
- Ensure knowledge of FINNEGANS Mission with retail staff
- Support awareness of FINNEGANS Barrels of Life, our extensive barrel aging program.
- Must have availability evenings and weekends, as early as 4pm for promotions Thursdays-Sundays.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor.
- 21 years of age or older
- Prior service or hospitality experience (2 years recommended)
- Possess working knowledge of craft beer industry, and an awareness of beer and health and sanitation laws
- Reliable vehicle & cell phone
- Must be motivated and comfortable taking initiative
- Able to work independently and to seek consultation when needed
- Excellent interpersonal communication abilities, problem-solving, time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills and ability to maintain excellent customer service while working under pressure
- Dependable, professional and responsible
- Passion for FINNEGANS Mission and a strong desire to succeed
- More than 3 days availability weekly
- Ability to lift heavy objects (25-50 lbs)
- Ability to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.25 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time: