WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
As a part of our National Market Leadership, the USACE/Army National Market Lead will implement and manage our strategy for growth and success in the marketing and positioning of the company within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army and related clients. The successful candidate will work closely with our Executive Leadership Team, Regional Directors and Office Executives as well as staff across the country. Additionally, they will work with and coordinate activities with our other Federal and DOD National Market leads to grow our overall Federal and Defense Market Programs. They will create and be responsible for the implementation of strategic business development plans to expand the firm’s services in support of the built environment. This will include identifying and aggressively pursuing and developing new market opportunities and expanding existing relationships within the marketplace.
In marketing and business development, the USACE/Army National Market Lead will drive relationship development with key clients including national contractors and concessionaires, identify specific project opportunities and support proposal development. Post award, they may be involved in contract/scope negotiations and work plan development.
- Determine, develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with key clients across the nation
- Determine the direction, and be the market awareness subject matter expert, including direct involvement in professional associations, writing technical articles, attending conferences and participating on boards
- Work with our client services teams, local offices, and divisions in the development of targeted client service action plans
- Participate in ongoing strategic positioning for key opportunities
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of the firm’s services nationwide to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker International
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to support some of our nation’s most critical infrastructure and build the future of the organization!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited program; advanced degrees preferred
- 15-20 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in marketing and business development with federal clients
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (PE), Registered Architect (RA) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is desirable
- Ability to access secure sites by being a U.S. Citizen
- Possess DOD Secret Security clearance or have the ability to obtain one
- Previous working relationships with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army Reserves and National Guard contracting
- Ability to work as a team member in cooperation within, and across technical disciplines
- Possess a demonstrated record of servicing, maintaining, and expanding client relationships and achieving revenue goals
- Experience with significant programs in Military Construction (MILCON), Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization, Base Operating Support, Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Environmental Compliance, National Environmental Policy Act and other environmental laws and regulations, Military Master Planning, Geospatial Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related projects or programs
- Experience with marketing professional services related to engineering, planning, design and construction
- Possess excellent public speaking and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of senior leadership, employees, management, clients and public officials
- Knowledge of the budget process, contracting regulations, regulatory issues and key players within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and U.S. Army
- Experience in formulating and implementing successful business capture plans for major sales prospects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Preferred locations for this position are Pittsburgh, PA or Alexandria, VA. There may be flexibility dependent upon experience.