Position will perform general housekeeping tasks in order to maintain facilities. Position will assist with the day to day operations of the Warehouse. This position may occasionally be required to run parts between different mining locations.
Pay: $14-$15/hr. Overtime and Shift Differential pay for nights and weekends.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401(k) Matching, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Safety Bonuses.
Schedule: Employee will most likely be required to work long extended hours, shift work (days, afternoons, or nights), and weekend shifts, as required.
Environment: This position operates an outdoors environment. Exposed to dust, heat, humidity, fumes, cold and dampness when working outside.
This position interfaces, on a daily basis, with the rest of the operations at this location or possibly at other plant locations. The employee holding this job must perform the work activities in a correct, accurate and timely fashion the first time, due to the fact that every single work activity in our line of business is crucial for the whole operation.
Essential job functions:
Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Standards of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Housekeeping tasks include the following:
- Perform general cleaning duties inside the facility
- Empty wastebaskets and dispose of waste
- Sweep, scrub or mop floors
- Clean wash basins and mirrors and wipe down all surfaces
- Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties
- Operate a tractor, lawn mower and/or weed eater
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary way
Warehouse Tasks include the following:
- Assist with day to day activities within the warehouse
- Assist in shipping and receiving by unloading trucks and checking shipments
- Maintain an organized warehouse
- Sort and place materials, items or parts in their appropriate area
- Assist in counting physical inventory
- Ensure the warehouse is easily accessible and meets safety standards
- Maintain a tool inventory on a daily basis
Facilitate parts between locations (as needed):
- Locate and identify parts as needed
- Transport parts to various locations in a safe manner
- Ability to inspect mechanical equipment to determine if repairs are needed
- Ability to take direction and carry out tasks
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe workplace, including company vehicle and tools
Marginal job functions:
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or Lead Person
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
The minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position are:
- Ability to carry out not only simple oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience.
- Ability to read and understand English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, mechanics, lead person, welders, mechanics and maintenance personnel, co-workers, and outside contractors.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and/or moving of 75 pounds and over, with frequent lifting and/or carrying odd shaped objects weighing up to 75 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to identify and select the appropriate material and equipment necessary to perform the correct mechanical work and repair.
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties.
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion. High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively.
Most of the work tasks (80+%) are performed outdoors and subject to environmental and weather condition changes.
Hours: 8 to 12 hours per day.
Week: 40 to 60+ hours per week, sometimes more.
Lunch: As a time permits during shift, does not have a break period designated as lunchtime.
Exposed to dust, heat, humidity, fumes, cold and dampness when working outside. Shop is not air-conditioned.
- Must climb, balance, bend/stoop or kneel continuously.
- Ability to frequently crouch, push/pull, squat and work above the shoulders.
- Must lift heavy weights while performing work. Frequently, the lifting is done from unusual positions.
- Must push and pull heavy weights while performing work duties.
- Must walk around mine premises and plant area to perform daily work.
- Must hold and press heavy pieces of equipment and machinery during repairs and/or welding jobs.
- Must be alert and coordinated while performing welding and/or related mechanical work.
- May work night shift and extended hours to meet work demands.
- Requires high degree of concentration while performing mechanic work and/or repairs.
- May work continuously several hours without a break.
- May work in small areas and/or confined spaces.
- Must stand on hard and sometimes slippery surfaces to perform work task.
- Must walk catwalk at high places while performing work duties.
- Requires good judgment in completing mechanical jobs.
Other Specifications and Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s license and have less than 4 points. CDL is a plus.
- Laborer must observe and comply with all Safety policies and procedures.
- Complete safety, health and task training.
- Assist other workers as required.
- Operate other electrical and mechanic tools.
- General knowledge of safety, environmental and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- General knowledge of the machinery and equipment mechanics.
- Travel between mine locations will be required.
- Meet/exceed the company safety standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be willing to learn new tasks and be cross trained
- Previous warehouse experience a plus
- Outdoor environment, "hands on" work experience
- Forklift certification
Note: The Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
This position is to be filled without regard to sex, religion, race, national origin or disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Knowledge of tools, parts and equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working in a hands on environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insurance requirements: Over 21, clean driving record (Required)