Location: Manassas, VA (locals preferred)
Must Haves: Check Point
Nice to have
CCSE – Checkpoint Certified Systems Engineer
CCSA – Checkpoint Certified System Admin
*** Need folks to be client facing and have no hesitation. COM Skills need to be paramount.
- Recent Checkpoint experience with R80.10 experience and use of features
- Experience with Cisco's security threat tools (ASA configuration, FirePower, ThreatGrid, Umbrella, AMP for EndPoints, etc.)
- Threat Hunting Experience (Splunk or comparable)
Senior Security Engineer with 8+ years of design, implementation and operation experience in a hybrid Service Provider & Enterprise environment using best of breed security solutions.
- Protect large local county government locations and datacenters against hackers and cyber-attacks.
- Monitor network traffic and server logs for unusual activity.
- Perform security design, engineering and configuration to protect county information security assets.
- Manage various security platforms, firewalls, IDS/IPS and anti-virus systems.
- Implement key security authentication mechanisms for two factor authentications to meet audit compliance.
- Troubleshoot network-based applications to assist county agencies IT admins.
- 8+ years of industry experience in large enterprise IT environments specializing in design, engineering and security.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (Security), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Check Point Certified Systems Administrator highly desired.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, cloud/virtual technologies, authentication and security protocols, and application security.
- Well-experienced in design, administration and maintenance of Cisco security solutions, Checkpoint firewalls, Web application and database firewalls.
- Experience with next generation threat prevention systems like SourceFire, Check Point Threat Emulation.
- Experience with Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA) environment is desired.
- Hands on experience with design and implementation of security for public and SaaS cloud service providers.
- Strong knowledge of virtual firewalls, web application firewalls, Load balancers, network segmentation technologies like Cisco ISE and Check Point.
- Skilled with network hardware and knowledgeable and conversant with routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF and MPLS. Familiar with complex layer 2 Ethernet topologies and associated protocols.
- Broad knowledge in technologies like Wireless, Network Segmentation, virtual private networks, remote access and hardware troubleshooting.
- Skilled with server technologies like Active Directory including Windows 2012, virtual infrastructure platforms (VMware, Hyper-V and Zen Server), DNS, DHCP, Database server technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and forward thinking with experience in preventive maintenance. Wide technical breadth and a fast learner.
Job Type: Contract