Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Entry Level Lab Tech :
to join our Flagstaff, AZ laboratory. Under direct supervision, the Lab Tech I will perform all operations within the specimen processing and data entry section of the lab, while meeting quality and production expectations. We are looking for candidates who learn quickly and are comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This opening is for an entry-level specimen processing position; however, we strive to advance our employees' careers within Cordant by providing ongoing training across additional laboratory functions. Cross-training and promotions within other areas of the Laboratory may be possible as opportunities become available.
This opening is for a fulltime, permanent position. The schedule is Monday-Friday, and the hours will rotate between two shift times: 6am-2:30pm and 9am-5:30pm. Flexibility to work some overtime (Mondays and Tuesdays could be slightly longer hours), and seasonal overtime around busy holiday times is preferred.:
Duties and Responsibilities: :
Education and Experience:
- Performs routine operations including opening of sample bags, creating accessions and batches, orders proper test(s), applies bar code stickers, and robotic aliquot after being signed off for the operations by the Team Lead
- Scans Chain of Custody (CoC) forms, assuring proper orientation and reproducible documents
- Determines if proper aliquot achieved; may be required to hand pour aliquots using bulb pipettes
- Separates out samples that require additional attention, including wet samples, oral fluids, not enough sample, etc.
- Keys in client and donor information noting any deficiencies after being signed off for the operation by the Team Lead
- May perform additional duties including transportation of batches to extractions (remove), pulling samples from freezer storage for additional testing, movement of samples to other areas, including frozen final storage or destruction, and similar tasks while assuring proper chain of custody
- Follows all laboratory policies and procedures; adheres to all health and safety standards
- Participates with company strategies including 5s, Lean and the elimination of waste in our processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- HS diploma or GED is required
- Additional related experience or formal education a plus
- Prior healthcare experience is helpful, but not required
About Cordant Health Solutions:
- Data entry skills via a keyboard (alpha and numeric) required
- Strong eye-hand coordination.
- Able to rapidly discern client mistakes and assign proper deficiency codes
- Knowledge of lab operations is helpful, but not required
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Cordant Health Solutions supports its employees by offering a benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid time off (PTO) / paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- Short term disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled) that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization.