Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
This position will play a key value creation role in sustaining profitable business growth by developing new individual participant and aggregate-level client reports and reporting capabilities for the “Map” category of Health and Wellness solutions as a means of driving health improvement, and managing the continuous improvement of existing ones. The incumbent will have day-to-day accountability for developing new products and capabilities, and improvements to existing solutions as assigned by the Product or Technical Product Manager within established budget and timeline parameters. This includes supporting client and consumer research requirements, conducting competitive product and pricing analysis to make appropriate recommendations, collaborating with Medical and cross-functional partners to design and implement solutions and to identify and resolve issues that surface regarding them, reporting against key metrics, and identifying and managing third parties as required to support the delivery of products and capabilities to Wellness participants on behalf of the brand and its clients. The incumbent will be a product expert, well-versed both technically and functionally in the creation and delivery of reporting products and capabilities. The Sr. Product Specialist will also play a role in gathering and prioritizing new ideas. This individual consults directly with business and product management leadership, and with the field sales team to continually advance clients’ programs, drive sales, and keep abreast of market conditions and competitive technologies with potential application for our business. This position may also include supervisory and training responsibilities for associate product specialists and newer staff members, and representing the brand at client-sponsored events and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports the Product Manager and Technical Product Manager in the development and execution of new and existing reports and reporting capabilities for the “Map” category of Health and Wellness solutions with the critical objective of leveraging biometric screening results to drive health improvement among individual participants and clients’ populations, within timeline and budget parameters to help ensure achievement of sales targets.
• Brings to life attributes and benefits of new concepts/prototypes based on market needs and value proposition established in approved product briefs ensuring research and resource needs are identified and addressed, and that definition and development of appropriate content, logic, quality assurance processes, and capabilities are understood and executed across contributing cross-functional areas of the organization.
• Is the key contact for Sales, Client Engagement, and Customer (participant) Support when new reporting product opportunities and product defects are identified. Assists with continuous improvement of existing product solutions as issues and opportunities are identified, by evaluating and documenting the scope of improvement needed to optimize them, identifying functional and resource support needed to address them, and completing and managing work plans to implement them.
• Accountable for the day-to-day management of third parties that are critical to the creation and delivery of reporting solutions and capabilities, ensuring that their services are rendered according to service level and contractual agreements, and within the cost and timing parameters established.
• • Researches and develops content to guide the creation of development of product- and capability-specific sales and marketing materials, and develops and publishes training materials to support superior product delivery and implementation.
• Consults with Sales and leadership regarding the differentiation, utilization and effectiveness of alternative reporting solutions to ensure clients’ programs are continuously evolving and the quality of insights available to participants and employers is consistently improving.
• Contributes to planning and development efforts associated with annual product and capabilities roadmap discussions.
• Monitors industry publications and competitive activity and provides insights to industry trends and opportunities to influence product development and evolution, and timely responses to inquiries raised by Sales and internal stakeholders.
• Serves as a key resource for reporting questions raised by leadership, Sales and internal partners.
• The incumbent may assume supervisory responsibilities for new and junior staff members.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
• General office equipment.
• Four-year undergraduate degree required, preferably Health Sciences related. Masters level degree in Health Education/Health Sciences is strongly preferred. Training and experience in product development ideal with proven success in the wellness industry.
• Worked 2+ years the Wellness industry. Brand management, product development or commercial operations experience preferred, ideally in the IT, healthcare or related services industries.
Other Skill Sets and Attributes:
• Ability to prepare and persuasively present clear and concise written communications, both in report and presentation formats
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Power Point, Word and Excel.
• Strong team orientation and ability to work effectively across disciplines to gain the expertise of a highly matrixed organization.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities to achieve quarterly objectives.
• Ability to travel via commercial airline or car, to distant locations meetings. Some overnight travel required.
• Experience working in a regulated industry and a familiarity with the medical, policy and regulatory environment.
• Ability to make in person presentations clearly and effectively to large and small groups, including senior business leadership team and clients.