Provide world class customer service in stores as a pharmacist and work to satisfy every customer's needs by exceeding their expectations and making every shopping visit an enjoyable and remarkable experience. Take responsibility of the overall operation of the pharmacy, maximizing controllable profit and minimizing expenses. Ensure all pharmacy associates comply with current company standards and all Federal and State regulations. Treat our customers and employees in an ethical, respectful manner and promote an inclusive, efficient work environment. Act as a responsible member of the community by placing emphasis on the importance of safety and accuracy when handling patient needs. Assist the pharmacy manager by carrying out supervisory responsibilities including training of associates, planning, assigning or directing work, addressing complaints and solving problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary job functions as the pharmacist are:
- Work as a pharmacist in a store covering available shifts
- Perform special projects as determined by the Director of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Operations Managers
- Respond to pharmacy needs for relief coverage and travel to regional locations as needed. Relief coverage needs can be either routine or emergency
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing customer service that makes all customers feel welcome, important and appreciated
- Administer immunizations to customers following Harris Teeter’s standing orders and procedures
- Complete clinical services according to relevant case load
- Dispense or compound medications to customers pursuant to prescriptions - following laws, regulations, policies, procedures and ethics standards
- Review prescriptions issued by prescribers to ensure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed
- Verify the work of pharmacy technicians and interns, including the accuracy of all prescriptions assembled and the determination of formulas and ingredients needed
- Evaluate new medications and existing medications within a patient profile to ensure that there are no drug interactions prior to filling prescription
- Engage the pharmacy team to maintain appropriate day supply and follow protocol on recalls
- Follow all state and federal laws regarding annual department and personal licensing application/renewal
- Maintain established procedures for quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs
- Communicate information regarding on-going special programs with department members when their department or job functions may be impacted
- Adhere to all company, local, state and federal laws and guidelines, including HIPAA and fraud, waste and abuse
- Comply with state and federal laws in regards to pharmacy dispensing and the sale of pharmacy and non-pharmacy products
- Promote trust and respect among the team
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ensure that professional standards, regulations, laws and applicable guidelines and/or protocols are met by all pharmacy employees
- Check in vendors according to standards
- Adhere to the most updated version of all company policies, procedures and programs
- Communicate with management about advertising, merchandising and any errors seen affecting customer experience
- Complete paperwork accurately and maintain appropriate records
- Perform essential job functions throughout scheduled hours accurately and efficiently, including but not limited to: data entry, inventory, stocking, dispensing, reporting and sales of prescriptions
- Maximize gross profit and minimize operating expenses
- Maintain records and reports related to pharmacy functions, volume and sales. Review and analyze all financial reports and data. Make timely and effective decisions based on this analysis
- Listen to and handle complaints appropriately
- Maintain confidentiality of customer records and information
- Time management, including breaks and meals, of all pharmacy personnel
- Assist store leaders and associates in providing a positive customer shopping experience and increase Harris Teeter’s reputation of world class customer service
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated
- Understand and follow company guidelines regarding registers, payment and transactions
- Display a positive attitude while interacting with others
- Adhere to safety programs and procedures
- Report all illegal activity, including but not limited to robbery, theft, or fraud
- Reflect an appropriate and respectful business image to customers and visitors in dress, demeanor and attitude. Never be rude to a patient or customer
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized space, neat department, including but not limited to the pharmacy, register, refrigerators and blood pressure machine areas.
- Achieves results through teamwork: Open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively with others, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals
- Analytically Researches and Collects Data: Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly: Communicate clearly and directly, be approachable and relatable, engage people and help them understand change, provide and seek feedback, actively listen, and convey clear and strategic directions. Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excels in Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service regardless of circumstance.
- Executes with Excellence: Action oriented, set clear expectations and milestones and involved in problem solving
- Leads Change and Innovation through Positive Influence: Demonstrate strong character, build partnerships, model balance between work and personal life, take responsibilities for self-development, role model leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion, trust, confidence and adaptability, work to coach and develop others, embrace technology, put forward creative ideas, champion and implement processes for improvement, take initiative and ask for or offer help when needed.
- Manages People Well: Provide performance feedback and include staff in planning, decision-making and facilitating the improvement of processes, products and services
- Puts Patients and Safety First: Act as a champion for the patients, anticipating needs and exceeding expectations, in order to gain their trust and respect. Identify and correct conditions that affect employee and patient safety.
- Solve Problems: Identify, analyze and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Strives for Reliability and Punctuality: Report for work on time and as scheduled. In the rare instance when you cannot avoid being late or are unable to work as scheduled, your supervisor or Manager-on-duty must be notified at least 2 hours in advance of your scheduled start time so appropriate arrangements can be made. Be committed to meeting or exceeding goals.
- Effective and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be a licensed pharmacist, in good standing, within the state(s), as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or PharmD. Previous experience preferred.
- Immunization-certified through APhA and CPR-certified through an accredited, state-approved organization
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Please provide the state name and your license number for every state that you are currently licensed and/or have been previously licensed.
- Licensed Pharmacist (Required)
Work Location: On the road