Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and over a million sellers, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community everyday to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
As an Event Coordinator, you will be a valuable player on the team that brings the Poshmark community from the virtual world to the real life world. From strategizing marketing initiatives to launch and promoting the events program to sourcing venues, vendors, budget tracking- you will wear many hats. You will also assist in executing on exciting events across the U.S. from start to finish. You will get to create a memorable experience while having the opportunity to meet our awesome community.
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? We want to hear from you!
- Create start to finish timelines and logistics involved in the execution of events from inception to completion with the events team
- Develop a network of event vendors from city to city, capability to communicate and negotiate specific event needs and meet tight deadlines
- Coordinate event logistics execute set-up and breakdown from start to finish for events in a timely manner, keep track of all inventory and ship items in time to reach proper destination
- Problem solving skills and calm under pressure – inevitably, something will go wrong at an event, ability to calmly and decisively solve the issue is required
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to
- Track and gather results from each event in a timely manner and incorporate key learning in event recaps to develop successful future events
- Have an enthusiastic and effective presence to service our ever growing community doing whatever it takes to create positive attendee experience at live events
- Coordinate and or/participates in all efforts to market and publicize events
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree
- 1+ years of event production, event marketing, hospitality or a related field
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, can do attitude, excellent problem-solving skills and able to think quick on your feet when problems arise
- Willing to get your hands dirty, must be able to lift 25lbs
- Strong sense of urgency and follow through
- Detail oriented with organizational skills – able to juggle multiple things at once
- Candidate must also be willing to travel and work events after hours
Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark’s mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark’s community of over two million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 25 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world’s leading venture capital institutions including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Inventus Capital, SoftTech VC, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com ( http://www.poshmark.com/ ), or find us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Fully sponsored health, dental and vision plans
- A 13” MacBook Air and smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible Vacation / Paid Time Off Policy
- Parental Leave
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)