We're hiring for the 2022-23 School Year.
Start substitute teaching with Scoot and earn market-leading rates, working five days a week! We work with traditional district, charter, and private schools.
There’s a HUGE demand for substitute teachers at the moment, so you’ll notice all the staffing companies are competing for your attention.
Here’s the difference between us and them. When you work at Scoot, you’ll:
- Get paid more $$$ per day
- Be treated as an employee on a substitute career track (W-2)
- Get paid trainings + weekly deposits
- Make your own schedule- no minimums! So pursue your acting, projects, parenting, etc without stress!
- Apply all online and from home - we conduct interviews virtually!
- Enjoy $0 costs! We cover all expenses related to state required health screenings + tests
- Love the team of consultants who help you in the mornings
- Earn referral bonuses of $100 for each friend you refer to Scoot who works 10 shifts
Substitutes love working with us, and schools love working with us! Come experience the Scoot difference - there is zero cost to onboard!
- have a background in and/or passion for education
- value learning above all else
- put students first and celebrate their success
- possess a growth mindset and empathetic nature
- are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- prioritize training & development of our substitutes
- talk to our educators daily because we care about them
- listen to your needs + preferences before matching you with assignments
- put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
You’ll stand out if:
- You have experience working with the Youth
- Are Bilingual - (Spanish/English)
- Have a Bachelors Degree (Not necessary but helpful)
- Have a 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
A successful Scoot sub:
- Reliable, punctual, and professional
- Builds relationships with students, staff and school community
- Brings a high level of competency, common sense, and fun
- Flexible and shows initiative especially in high-stress situations
- Continuously reflects & seeks feedback to become a better educator
You’ll need to:
- Take a TB Risk Assessment & Live Scan (we'll cover the cost of this!)
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
You’ll get paid:
- Scoot pays the highest rates among substitute providers! Your daily pay rate varies based on your credentials, the school, and the assignment. We're proud to pay up to $250 for day-to-day assignments, and more for long-term!
Why you’ll enjoy working with Scoot:
- Join a team of elite substitute educators
- Direct deposits weekly
- W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Paid training to prepare you for the classroom -ask us about ScootCamp!
- Invitations to happy hours + social events
- People are our entire reason for being. We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers-for free!
- We are tech-driven, but human-enabled. We’re local, but come with 15+ years of global expertise. We understand urgency, value diversity, and we have heart.
- We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education.
- We care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Our “BE GREAT” values are: Belief, Exceptional, Growth, Relationships, Empower, Attitude, Team.
- We can’t wait to hear from you! Apply: www.scoot.education/jobs/substitute
Keywords: Teacher, Substitute, Kinder, Early Years, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, High, SpEd, Special Ed, Resource Specialist, IEP, Paraprofessional, Teaching Aide, Teaching Assistant, TA, Instructional Assistant, Campus Aide, Yard Supervisor, Math, Science, STEM, English, ELA, History, Social Studies, PE, Physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Theatre Studies
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $195.00 - $275.00 per day
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- After school
- Choose your own hours
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- On call
Work Location: In person