The National PACE Association (NPA), an Alexandria, VA based association, is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Vice President of Administration & Finance. NPA represents Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), provider-based health plans that enroll a largely dual-eligible population and provide a comprehensive, fully-integrated benefit inclusive of all Medicare- and Medicaid-covered services.
The Senior VP of Administration & Finance manages the financial and human resource functions, a comprehensive membership database, and the organization’s operational infrastructure; ensures compliance with the organization’s governance policies and procedures and regulations/standards imposed by outside entities; and serves as liaison with the organization’s board of directors, various committees, and operational consultants/vendors.
Target hire date: July 9, 2018
- Manage financial, budgeting and accounting functions of the organization and ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Manage human resource functions, including compliance, benefits, recruitment, job descriptions, compensation, employee evaluation process, and policies and procedures
- Manage iMIS membership database and related functionalities
- Manage the infrastructure of the organization, e.g., equipment, computers, building, and policies and procedures
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal and state regulations, internal governance and operational policies/procedures, and requirements imposed by other entities
- Serve as liaison to the board of directors; audit, finance and nominating committees; and operational consultants and vendors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of non-profit finance, accounting, and budgeting principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of human resource principles
- Skilled in automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and statements
- Ability to research, synthesize and disseminate information regarding state, federal and other requirements that the organization must comply with
- Ability to create standardized operational procedures and policies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent documentation skills
- High degree of integrity and trust
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, or business with strong accounting experience; or equivalent relevant experience
- CPA designation preferred
- HR certification a plus
- 6+ years’ relevant experience in a non-profit association setting
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience
Small, fast paced team office environment with moderate noise levels. Normal sitting and standing activities for an office environment. Use of computers for extended periods of time. Utilize office equipment and communication technologies for conference calls and teleconference meetings/webinars. Requires general mobility to move through the facility. Ability to lift 20 pounds. Ability to travel locally and to other cities for meetings and conferences.
Reports to President and CEO.
Job Type: Full-time