Total-American is a holding company, owning California Spectra Instrumentation (spectrainc.com) and Total-Western, Inc. ( Total-western.com). The companies we own are well known and respected contractors of industrial construction and maintenance services. We have 6 regional offices across the Western States.
We are seeking a Accountant for our Corporate Headquarters located in Paramount, California.
The Accountant will be the lead role within an Accounting Department of 9 persons and report to the Accounting Director and Payroll Director.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent training and experience
- 5 years experience in an accounting role, handling payroll, accounts payable, financial analysis, general ledge, and/or benefits
- 3 years in a senior accounting position handling payroll, accounts payable/receivable, financial analysis, with multi state responsibilities
- Expert skills in excel and the ability to analyze data and compare spreadsheets
- Experience with year end reviews, month end reporting, journal entries
- Creation and explanation of financial statements, balance sheets
- Knowledge of multi-state taxation and online reporting
- Previous experience working with the Refinery, Energy or Industrial Construction/Maintenance Industry
- Ability to problem solve and resolve discrepancies in data and procedures
- Knowledge and ability to apply GAAP
In this role, you will:
- Perform monthly balance sheet by downloading financial data from ERP system, creating reports and explaining data to Regional leadership and executives
- Perform monthly journal entries, maintain assets in system
- Report taxes, multi-state
- Create reports and pivot tables, analyze financials
- Resolve discrepancies and report fringe, payroll, billing, costs
- Provide direction to A/R, A/P and Billing Clerks with respect to their work, procedures and troubleshooting problems and discrepancies
Job Type: Full-time
- supervision: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)